Kitas Extension - Practical Questions

trs

I hold a spouse KITAS which expires at the beginning of May 2020.
How long before the expiry date can it be extended? Will the extension be valid from the date it is processed or the same date as the previous one?

Thanks in advance.

jstar

Mr. 10,000
This must be done between: 3 months and 1 working day before expiry.

PerMen no 27 , Tahun 2014
Pasal 35
(1) Permohonan perpanjangan Izin Tinggal Terbatas diajukan oleh Penjamin atau Penanggung Jawab dengan mengisi aplikasi data dan melampirkan persyaratan sebagaimana dimaksud dalam Pasal 28 atau Pasal 30 dan kartu Izin Tinggal Terbatas yang lama serta surat keterangan tempat tinggal.
(2) Permohonan perpanjangan Izin Tinggal Terbatas sebagaimana dimaksud dalam (#)Pasal 25 ayat (1) huruf a sampai dengan huruf c dapat diajukan paling cepat 3 (tiga) bulan dan paling lambat pada hari kerja sebelum Izin Tinggal Terbatas berakhir.

Brian86

One business day before, but of course having a few extra days for the unexpected is a good idea. No matter the date you extend your next expiration will be exactly one year from your current visas expiration; you can't lose or gain days dependent on when you start your extension.

snpark

Cager
How long can you last without your passport? I'd personally start the process 4 weeks before. The new one will start from the expiry date so the date you start is irrelevant. Factor in possible corona closures

trs

Thank you all for the very prompt and informative questions. An immigration officer had told me it could only be done one month before - needed to fact check!

I've attempted to submit the extension request online (izintinggal-online.imigrasi.go.id) and keep receiving the following error:

"Terjadi errorORA-01422: exact fetch returns more than requested number of rows ORA-06512: at "IZINTINGGAL.CREATE_PENGAJUAN_PERMOHONAN", line 187 ORA-06512: at line 1"

Any ideas or advice?

ChrisTex

Charter Member
Cager
I would try to go in person to the immigration office if it is possible.

yantiharun1

I would try to go in person to the immigration office if it is possible.
I just got back from Singapore where the KBRI official put a stamp on my passport, now I am suppose to process my Vitas for the first time at the Immigration office which I have scheduled for next week. Will the immigration office will be closed since the government suggested people should start working from home?

jstar

Mr. 10,000
The ones I know are all open, but obviously I can't speak for all Immigration offices or what will happen next week or so. (The Indonesian government does not want a lockdown.)

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Activity

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hxtan
Top Bottom