Kitap

Bigdaddy

I have qualified for lifetime KITAP based on being married to an Indonesian for over 10 years. We are now in conflict which will eventually end in divorce. We are currently separated. My spouse sponsored KITAP requires mutasi due passport expiry and renewal of merp. My wife will not sign the sponsor letter unless I pay her an exorbitant amount of money. My work permit will expire soon and she is being very obstructive unless I cave into her demands. My question is can I change sponsors before divorce and therefore renew my work permit. If so does my new sponsor need to be a PMA company. Any advice is appreciated

dafluff

Cager
You can change sponsors, but note that you will then downgrade to KITAS, and you lose eligibility for a lifetime KITAP. You will also have to process EPO, which also requires your wife's signature, but you may be able to get around that requirement.

snpark

Cager
Passport already expired is first headache. Why??

Get new passport urgently asap

I think just get your work to sponsor you on imta etc is no problem. Even if you offer to pay yourself. It's a separate thing. Not a problem

Bigdaddy

When I applied for renew my work permit I was notified that my passport would expire within the time that my work permit was valid for. I already had a new passport waiting at my embassy so I activated my new passport and cancelled my old passport. Due to this I needed to notify immigration of mutasi and renew merp. My wife/spouse sponsor refuses to sign the appropriate letters to allow this. How can you have a situation where a foreigner who has qualified for lifetime KITAP lose lifetime immigration status only because they are in conflict with sponsor?
This opens up a blackmail/extortion situation for foreigners in Indonesia.
The head of immigration in south Jkt told her she must sign to enable me to stay and complete divorce process as well as criminal investigation against her as well as support our child. She said NO!!!

WillieGibbs

I don't think you can work on a kitap that is sponsored by someone other than your spouse.
You will need to be sponsored by your work, so cancel the kitap and make a work sponsored kitas.

dafluff

Cager
When I applied for renew my work permit I was notified that my passport would expire within the time that my work permit was valid for. I already had a new passport waiting at my embassy so I activated my new passport and cancelled my old passport. Due to this I needed to notify immigration of mutasi and renew merp. My wife/spouse sponsor refuses to sign the appropriate letters to allow this. How can you have a situation where a foreigner who has qualified for lifetime KITAP lose lifetime immigration status only because they are in conflict with sponsor?
This opens up a blackmail/extortion situation for foreigners in Indonesia.
The head of immigration in south Jkt told her she must sign to enable me to stay and complete divorce process as well as criminal investigation against her as well as support our child. She said NO!!!

Ok, wait, I think there is a bit of confusion with the terminology here. A lifetime KITAP is the one after the first extension, which means instead of renewing it every year, you just have to go to immigration to fill out a few forms.

What you are after is the right to keep a spousal KITAP after divorce, which is after 10 years of recognized marriage to an Indonesian. In this case, you still need to find a different sponsor. Also not sure if you can do this kind of KITAP + IMTA, although I don't know for sure, as I haven't heard many similar cases.

Bigdaddy

I have done the extension and now only need paperwork every 5 years but still need merp every 2 years…
I won’t be divorced immediately as I’m waiting for the criminal investigation process against her.
so if she refuses to sign can I change sponsorship to my employer (PMA)?
Anyway I have put in a letter of consideration to the DJI and my embassy will follow up with DJI. This is an extraordinary situation without clear guidelines. I will post the result when things are clear.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Activity

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aji
Top Bottom