KITAP requirement when studying overseas

TC10

Sorry if this has been answered but i can't find it! My son is on KITAP but currently in UK at college. We planned for him to come back over Easter so he had his minimum 1 day a year in Indonesia but now with the virus outbreak we don't want him to fly (as he was coming with my father who is over 70 and high risk case) so as he has exams etc later there is no time for him to come before the year is up. Does anyone know what would happen in this situation? does the KITAP get taken off you and we have to start again? Many thanks if anyone has any insight.

jstar

Mr. 10,000
Hi there. Yes, you're right of course, according to the law he would lose his KITAP.

Now there are different scenarios of course. One of them -which would not even surprise me after having seen blunders at Immigration's Information Systems- is they won't even notice it when he enters the country months later.

Suppose they do, perhaps they can be flexible because of the current pandemic. And if the borders get closed now everybody will realize it was force majeure.

If they apply the letter of the law and don't budge, they will make it difficult for him. But even then, after being roasted, wasting time, etc. he probably can get in visa free or buy a VOA. It's a shame he would lose the KITAP then and I wonder how Immigration would react on a new application.

I'm considering if a visit to the KBRI in the U.K. could solve anything. Perhaps they have some ideas or could make some written statement to support him?

Jaime C

Charter Member
Cager
There is some talk of extending visas in the new border controls as of 3/20.

TC10

Thanks, will get my Dad to check with KBRI in London, didn't think of that! I'm in Bali and as his dad is Balinese it's not hard to get new one I think, but just a pain!

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Activity

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Online Now

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oxyfilters
Top Bottom