KITAP Renewal.

colroe

Charter Member
Could someone please post a link to the relevant immigration rule/law in relation to renewal of spouse sponsored kitap. I wish to confirm that I can request a 5 year extension rather than an unlimited extension. My Imigrasi advise that I must accept an unlimited, even though their own signboard shows prices for 5 year renewal and unlimited. I need just the link please. I am no good at reading Indonesian so my search would be futile I think.

R Cameron

Charter Member
Cager
Here is some recent discussion on that: https://www.expatindo.org/community/threads/kitap-the-unlimited-one.5865/

The immigration website, like the signboard you saw, does list a price for a 5 year renewal, however the section of the law only mentions the unlimited extension:

Pasal 59
    • Izin Tinggal Tetap diberikan untuk jangka waktu 5 (lima) tahun dan dapat diperpanjang untuk waktu yang tidak terbatas sepanjang izinnya tidak dibatalkan.
    • Pemegang Izin Tinggal Tetap untuk jangka waktu yang tidak terbatas sebagaimana dimaksud pada ayat (1) wajib melapor ke Kantor Imigrasi setiap 5 (lima) tahun dan tidak dikenai biaya.
Article 59
    • A Permanent Stay Permit is granted for a period of 5 (five) years and may be extended for an indefinite period of time provided that the permit has not been canceled.
    • The holder of the Permanent Stay Permit for an indefinite period of time as referred to in section (1) is obligated to report to the Immigration Office every 5 (five) years and is not subject to any charges.

Jaime C

Charter Member
Cager
When I was researching it, I found that only the unlimited was offered. I think you could go back to a Kitas, though.

colroe

Charter Member
Here is some recent discussion on that: https://www.expatindo.org/community/threads/kitap-the-unlimited-one.5865/

The immigration website, like the signboard you saw, does list a price for a 5 year renewal, however the section of the law only mentions the unlimited extension:
Thank you. Just looking at all the info, and the fact their "system" will not allow a renewed 5 year only kitap it looks like I don't have any choice, unlimited or make other arrangements! At the age of 76 now, I can only hope I get some va!ue for money!😁

Banana72

Charter Member
Cager
How would you know if one is an unlimited vs limited (5 year) KITAP....I know it seems like a stupid question, but I'm confused as I just got my KITAP and it clearly has the 2025 expiration year and I thought you can only get 5 year KITAP for your 1st extension, unless colroe is extending for the 2nd time?

R Cameron

Charter Member
Cager
How would you know if one is an unlimited vs limited (5 year) KITAP....I know it seems like a stupid question, but I'm confused as I just got my KITAP and it clearly has the 2025 expiration year and I thought you can only get 5 year KITAP for your 1st extension, unless colroe is extending for the 2nd time?
You already had KITAP, just renewed, and the new one says 2025 expiration? Did you pay 5 juta or 10 juta? https://www.imigrasi.go.id/info/tarif-pnbp

Dave70

Cager

The 5 year KITAP and the unlimited KITAP looks exactly the same except for one word. In the card, 'Date of Expiry' will be 'Date of Report' for unlimited.

ukcouple

Charter Member
Cager
The 5 year KITAP and the unlimited KITAP looks exactly the same except for one word. In the card, 'Date of Expiry' will be 'Date of Report' for unlimited.
Maybe the color is also different.?
The unlimited ones are green (ish) whereas the expiring ones are gold (ish).
Or are they all green (ish) now.?

Dave70

Cager
Maybe the color is also different.?
The unlimited ones are green (ish) whereas the expiring ones are gold (ish).
Or are they all green (ish) now.?

I have seen both types sometime last year (2019), and they are of the same greenish color. Don't know when it started, or maybe it depends on the regional office and stock available to them.

Jaime C

Charter Member
Cager
My one issued last month, an e-kitap, is the greenish type.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Activity

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Online Now

No members online now.

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
serro