KITAP renewal fee

DR. MICHAEL BEER

Can anybody tell me the actual expense for the KITAP renewal. I am now on KITAP I. thanks a lot

It is still Rp 10,000,000 for first renewal to unlimited KITAP, Rp 10,200,000 for e-KITAP version. The 2 year MERP is 1,750,000, and the biometric fee is Rp 55,000.

http://imigrasijogja.org/costs/index

PS: Also moved your question into its own thread.

Can you tell me why I do not received your answer on my email. At the old livinginindonesia forum you got alway all answers on your thread. Thanks

One more: MY renewal of KITAP 1 is due March 2018. My PP is valid till DEc 2018. Should I get a new pp before applying for the new KITAP or can I get it in the old pp and then somehow transfer it to a new one? Hanks a lot

My dates are very similar to yours, I see no point in wasting 9 months of my very expensive passport, I think if you and I only had less than 6 months I would probably get a new passport, I don't know if there is any requirement by Indonesian immigration about the remaining life of a foriegn passport, say 6 months

One more: MY renewal of KITAP 1 is due March 2018. My PP is valid till DEc 2018. Should I get a new pp before applying for the new KITAP or can I get it in the old pp and then somehow transfer it to a new one? Hanks a lot

Anything over 6 months validity on the passport should be fine. Afterwards just bring both old and new passports when you travel.

Can you tell me why I do not received your answer on my email. At the old livinginindonesia forum you got alway all answers on your thread. Thanks

The default for this is set to not receive e-mail. If you would like to get e-mails on threads you have participated in, you can change the options at:

https://forum.expatindo.org/profile.php?do=editoptions

And choose your preference next to Default Thread Subscription Mode.

Anything over 6 months validity on the passport should be fine. Afterwards just bring both old and new passports when you travel.

You can have your KITAP and MERP transferred to a new passport, it takes one day at immigration and I believe the fee is very minimal if at all.

Are you guys sure only 6 months passport validity is required for a Itas/Itap? I thought it was at least 18 months but that's off the top of my head....haven't checked.

I thought the same; 12 months for a six month KITAS and 18 months for a one year KITAS. I don't remember the requirements for KITAP.

Luckily my country provides 10 year passports now. Very convenient.

I thought the same; 12 months for a six month KITAS and 18 months for a one year KITAS. I don't remember the requirements for KITAP.

Luckily my country provides 10 year passports now. Very convenient.

Same as me and that's why I recall the 18 month rule. Canada used to issue passports for max 5 years and, when I wanted to renew, so I could get a new kitas, my passport had more the 12 months validity. I had to argue with Canadian immigration why I needed a new passport.
Canada now offers 10 year passports.... which I recently achieved.

Good morning forum! Does anybody know where I can download the different PERDIMs such as 24, 25, 26,27. thks a lot.
And - if you have a KITAP (no limited anymore) do you still have to apply every 2 years for MERPs?

"Originally Posted by jstar

Luckily my country provides 10 year passports now. Very convenient."

Same as me and that's why I recall the 18 month rule. Canada used to issue passports for max 5 years and, when I wanted to renew, so I could get a new kitas, my passport had more the 12 months validity. I had to argue with Canadian immigration why I needed a new passport.
Canada now offers 10 year passports.... which I recently achieved.

---------------------------

For ITAP renewal, Atlantis' experience with his passport found here in another thread in post #25 : https://forum.expatindo.org/showthr...applicable-for-Spousal-SosBud-to-KITAS)/page3 :

I had less than a year on my passport AND it was an emergency passport. Also, I applied for my extension only 1 day before the expiration of my ITAP!
As you noted, there are NO stipulation in the Law concerning the expiration date of your passport which would forbid you to apply and the ITAP to be issued.

And welcome to our forum by the way. :smile:

My experience 5 days ago from a visit to the Immigration office in Kota Tangerang, Banten : no minimum validity required on passport for ITAP renewal.

I was very impressed by the service given at that Immigration office : as if I was a guest checking into a 5-star hotel. * Maybe because the officials saw Rp 10 million invisibly written on my face as I inquired about all the correct documents to submit for my ITAP renewal. :yo:

The friendly immigration official who answered all my questions instructed me to submit all required documents at least 7 calendar days before the expiration of my current ITAP in case there are any documents "missing" which I need to obtain and return again to submit at that Immigration office before the expiration of my current ITAP.

>
I responded to her statement with : "Just now according to this list of required documents on this printed paper, you have identified all documents & necessary photocopies along with my printed photo which need to be submitted for my ITAP renewal, thus I expect to return here in 3 weeks to submit all those required documents."

> Official with head nodding : "Yes, those are the correct required documents for your ITAP renewal "

> Me : "Also, does not the national Immigration regulations state that a request for ITAP renewal must be submitted no later than 1 day before the expiration of one's current ITAP."

>
Official : "I am not aware of that regulation. We instruct holders of ITAP to submit all required documents at least 7 calendar days before the expiration of one's current ITAP to avoid any overlap with the expiration date of one's current ITAP." [then this official turned to her colleague and asked about the regulation concerning minimum amount of time a ITAP holder must submit one's request for ITAP renewal before expiration date of one's current ITAP] Her colleague : "I do not know; should confirm that with our supervisor."

> Me : "What if all the required documents are not submitted by the expiration date of one's current ITAP?"

> Official : "We would have to inquire with the Kantor Wilayah about whether said request for ITAP renewal could be accepted & processed by our office."

> Me : "Okay, okay."

At that minute, their supervisor was not available to pose the question and because that day I was not feeling too bright physically, I was not motivated to push the issue around that office, so I said that on another day I would telephone that friendly official to inquire what she & her colleagues had confirmed about said regulation. She welcomed my phone call. It really does not inconvenience me if that Immigration office prefers that my personal documents are submitted at least 7 calendar days before the expiration of my current ITAP : as long as our relationship continues to be friendly, positive & productive...

Good morning forum! Does anybody know where I can download the different PERDIMs such as 24, 25, 26,27. thks a lot.

I am not aware of those documents being available for download; 5 days ago at my local Immigration office I was given 3 forms :

1) Perdim 24 : form used to request ITAP or ITAP renewal.

2) Perdim 25 : form used to request new Exit-Entry permit (MERP).

3) Perdim 27 : form used to report change of personal data of applicant; the data to be filled on this form is nearly identical to the data to be filled on Perdim 24; although my data has not changed since 2+ years ago when I reported my change of address to the same local Immigration office, 5 days ago the Immigration official stated that I was still required to complete Perdim 27 for a ITAP renewal.

And - if you have a KITAP (no limited anymore) do you still have to apply every 2 years for MERPs?

Yes. However according to what I was told 5 days ago at my local Immigration office : "soon" there will be an option for a 5-year MERP. Regrettably, it may not be an available option yet for my upcoming ITAP renewal. :sorry:

>Me : "Also, does not the national Immigration regulations state that a request for ITAP renewal must be submitted no later than 1 day before the expiration of one's current ITAP."

>
Official : "I am not aware of that regulation. We instruct holders of ITAP to submit all required documents at least 7 calendar days before the expiration of one's current ITAP to avoid any overlap with the expiration date of one's current ITAP." [then this official turned to her colleague and asked about the regulation concerning minimum amount of time a ITAP holder must submit one's request for ITAP renewal before expiration date of one's current ITAP] Her colleague : "I do not know; should confirm that with our supervisor."
If you intend to give them a call, perhaps you can politely educate them. The relevant regulation is the Peraturan Menteri Hukum dan HAM RI nomor 27 tahun 2014 tentang prosedur teknis pemberian, perpanjangan, penolakan, pembatalan dan berakhirnya ITK, ITAS dand ITAP serta pengecualian dari kewajiban memiliki izin tinggal. This is impossible they don't have it. They just did not read it in full or memorize it.

The relevant chapter is chapter 4, section 2 (bab iv, bagian kedua) and more precisely article 65. It reads:

(1) Izin Tinggal Tetap dapat diperpanjang untuk jangka waktu tidak terbatas.
(2) Perpanjangan jangka waktu Izin Tinggal Tetap dilaksanakan berdasarkan permohonan.
(3) Permohonan perpanjangan jangka waktu Izin Tinggal Tetap sebagaimana dimaksud pada ayat (1) dapat diajukan paling cepat 3 (tiga) bulan dan paling lambat pada hari kerja sebelum tanggal jangka waktu Izin Tinggal Tetap berakhir kepada Kepala Kantor Imigrasi yang wilayah kerjanya membawahi tempat tinggal Orang Asing.
(4) Permohonan sebagaimana dimaksud pada ayat (3) yang didaftarkan sebelum jangka waktu Izin Tinggal Tetap berakhir, tidak diperhitungkan sebagai overstay apabila penyelesaiannya melewati jangka waktu Izin Tinggalnya.
(5) Perpanjangan jangka waktu Izin Tinggal Tetap sebagaimana dimaksud pada ayat (3) diberikan terhitung sejak tanggal Izin Tinggal Tetap berakhir.

I have highlighted with bold characters the important part.
You need to register your application at the latest 1 working day prior to the expiration of your ITAP. If you have done so, no overstay should be reproached to you, even though the extension is granted after the expiration of the ITAP.

It was indeed my case. In April 2016 I have registered my application for extension just 1 day prior to the expiration of my ITAP. If you are in a similar extreme situation as I was, you'd better make sure that all your documents are complete. KanIm do not register incomplete applications unless if it is a case of force majeur.

Last edited:
So that no one get me wrong, the post quoted in All4ywh #13 and found here, was not posted to advocate to submit an application at the last minute. It was posted to send the following message: "don't panic if you are late, you can submit your application at the latest 1 working day before your ITAP expires and you can do so even on an emergency passport which has less than a year of validity because I have done it and, more importantly, the law authorizes you to do so whatever an official would say you".

7 weeks ago I was granted a lifetime extension for my ITAP renewal after 5 years of already having a spouse-sponsored ITAP. My renewal was processed through the local immigration office in city of Tangerang, Banten, then at the Kantor Wilayah Kementerian Hukum & HAM in Serang, Banten, then at the National Immigration Office in Jakarta, then back to the local immigration office where I received my new KITAP with "report back" date of december 2021 printed on my KITAP. Highlights from my renewal process :

1) The local immigration office in Tangerang is staffed by some competent officers and some still incompetent officers : during every visit to that office I had to request that something be confirmed as accurate with the supervisor of the stay permit section. By the way, my passport is valid until october 31st, 2017 : I was told that currently there was no minimum validity requirement for a passport to process the ITAP renewal.

2) The day I returned to the local immigration office to receive my reference letters to be delivered personally to the Kantor Wilayah and the National Immigration Office in Jakarta, at 13.50 I arrived at the local immigration office with the expectation that I would give payment for my ITAP renewal and a 2-year exit/entry permit only to learn that the payment counter closed at 13.30 AND payment of Rp 12.005.000 could only be given in cash! Therefore 2 days later I had to return again to make the payment & receive those 2 reference letters. So future visitors to that immigration office or other immigration offices as well : beware of the payment counter closing time! :nod:

3) My visit to the Kantor Wilayah was painless : within 3 hours I received my reference letter to be delivered to the National Immigration Office in Jakarta.

4) My visit to the National Immigration Office was painless : when I exited the elevator at the 8th floor, nearby I met 2 immigration officers who received my reference letters and gave me a receipt which stated that within 6 business days I would receive a notice via sms that my Surat Keputusan had been approved and then I could go directly to the local immigration office in Tangerang to finish my ITAP renewal. However when 6 business days had passed and I had received no sms notice, the morning of business day #7 I sent an sms to the "Customer Service" phone number (which was identified on the receipt which I received at the National Immigration Office) to ask about the status of my Surat Keputusan; still on day #7 after 14.00 I had not received any reply from anyone at the National Immigration Office so I sent another sms to the same "Customer Service" phone number. Morning of business day #8 : still no reply from anyone so I sent another sms, then a few times I telephoned that same phone number : nobody answered; then a few times I telephoned 2 phone numbers which I had for the Stay Permit section at the National Immigration Office : nobody answered; then a few times I telephoned 2 phone numbers which I had for the local immigration office in Tangerang : nobody answered...uggghhh! During my previous visit to the National Immigration Office, conveniently I had taken with my phone a photo of a large banner which was posted outside the main entrance of the National Immigration Office : that banner had large photos of the Minister of Law & Human Rights and the National Immigration Director (Ronny Sompie) along with a WhatsApp number & a Twitter account for the Director. So at 13.30 on business day #8, a few times I telephoned the WhatsApp number : nobody answered; then I sent a message via WhatsApp & sms to the Director, Ronny Sompie, with a request for an update about my Surat Keputusan. Morning of business day #9 : I woke up & decided to take the 30 minute drive that morning to the local immigration office to find out about my Surat Keputusan; however ironically only 5 minutes before I was about to depart my home, I received a phone call from an officer at the National Immigration Office : my Surat Keputusan was already approved in the immigration system and that morning I could go to to the local immigration office to finish my ITAP renewal! :thumb:

5) During my 90 minute re-visit to the local immigration office, only these things were accomplished : fingerprints, head photo and very basic interview to confirm that I am eligible for the ITAP renewal.

6) 5 calendar days later I returned to the local immigration office to receive my new KITAP & my passport. When I checked my passport for the new ITAP stamp & new MERP stamp (SINGLE / MULTIPLE RE-ENTRY PERMIT), I noticed that the name of the new MERP stamp was different than the previous MERP stamp I had received in june 2015 : at this time the stamp is only called "RE-ENTRY PERMIT"; so before I departed that office, I asked the supervisor of the stay permit section if I had been given the correct MERP stamp : she confirmed it was correct and currently a special stamp for only ITAP holders.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stats
Back