Kitap issues

mike999

Hi
I have been resident in Indonesia since 2007. I received my KITAP in 2013. In 2018, I renew my KITAP until 2023

In September 2019 My EX wife divorced me in BIMA Ntp
there is No legally enforceable financial/property settlement in place.

In February 2020, when the epidemic started,
My 11-year-old daughter and I moved back to Australia.

2 years we were in lock down we stayed in a remote area.

On 25 April 2022 this year we went to Bali for 25 days.
On arrival, I was informed my KITAP was canceled because ERP I stayed more than a year outside Indonesia.

And I was issued a VOA visa.

I tried to solve this issue with agents but I was informed my KITAP was canceled .

My daughter and I moving back to Indonesia soon .
I need any advice about what to do and the legal process to solve this issue.

Best Regards

Mike

R Cameron

Charter Member
Cager
That is correct, your KITAP may be cancelled if you spend more than one year outside Indonesia. During the pandemic there was some opportunity to renew MERP from outside Indonesia, but if you did not then your MERP was expired, which would bring their attention to your time spent outside Indonesia.

Now that it is cancelled you will need a new visa in order to stay. I do not know if you can get a family unity KITAS with your 11 year old daughter as sponsor.

dafluff

Cager
Hi
I have been resident in Indonesia since 2007. I received my KITAP in 2013. In 2018, I renew my KITAP until 2023

In September 2019 My EX wife divorced me in BIMA Ntp
there is No legally enforceable financial/property settlement in place.

In February 2020, when the epidemic started,
My 11-year-old daughter and I moved back to Australia.

2 years we were in lock down we stayed in a remote area.

On 25 April 2022 this year we went to Bali for 25 days.
On arrival, I was informed my KITAP was canceled because ERP I stayed more than a year outside Indonesia.

And I was issued a VOA visa.

I tried to solve this issue with agents but I was informed my KITAP was canceled .

My daughter and I moving back to Indonesia soon .
I need any advice about what to do and the legal process to solve this issue.

Best Regards

Mike

What was your previous KITAP based on? I'm assuming marriage to a WNI. Since you are now divorced, this is no longer a possibility until you remarry to a WNI, of course. I'm also assuming that "solving the issue" means living in Indonesia legally.

Your daughter is a minor, and therefore unable to serve as a sponsor in any capacity, nor is there a stay permit where WNI children can sponsor their WNA parents.

So your options include:

Ijin Kunjungan: has to be renewed every 6 months (? not sure about the latest extension requirement, used to be every month after the first 60 days, then a visa run to Singapore at the end of 6 months) and requires an Indonesian willing to sponsor you. Also may risk the issue that immigration may not allow chaining them back to back in the future.

Indonesia Second Home program: requires a deposit of Rp 2B into a state bank account

Various other grey area KITASes (fake sponsor, fake company, etc).

mike999

Thanks a lot for your advise .
I am planning to get married in Indonesia

jstar

Mr. 10,000
In that case you need to start the whole circus that you are obviously acquainted with, from scratch. Don’t forget one needs to be married for two years to obtain a spouse sponsored KITAP.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Noon_araya
Top Bottom