KITAP extension (unlimited) - how long should it take?

Owen

Hi,

Just wondering...
I applies for KITAP extension (the unlimited one) in early September and still haven't got any news...
Called the immigration office (again) today and they say it is still being processed in Jakarta.

Does anybody have any experience on how long this is supposed to take? (or how long it can take?)
Or does anybody know how to find out more information about the status of my extension?

Any help greatly appreciated!

Owen

Hi JStar,

Thanks for the link. I did not know that you could check it yourself...
However, it gives an error now, so guess I have to keep trying ;-)

Will let you know if it starts to work...

scouser59

Charter Member
Cager
Fyi ,I used a secure contact for the delivery and pickup of docs , based nearby the jakarta imm office to expedite this leg of the process ,it took a week .
The whole process took 2 months .

Last edited:

Owen

Hi Scouser59,

They have a new system at immigration and you do not have to bring your documents to the different offices anymore... This sounds nice, but now you do not have any idea anymore how far along you are in the process... (Besides, it seems the new system makes the whole process take longer...)
Just checked the website mentioned by JStar again, but still get an 'error: Client Error'

So my original questions remains... Does anybody have a contact within main immigration office in Jakarta to check the status of my KITAP extension?
My local kantor imigrasi just mentions that it is still in queue in Jakarta (for 3 months now!!!)

Thanks in advance for your help!

jstar

Mr. 10,000
Three months is ridiculous of course. It seems Jakarta doesn't send the docs back to your Immigration office. (That happened quite a lot in the past since they expected a pickup, we had to contact them to do so.)

Try to call them on 021-522.46.58, extensions 2519 and 2521. And again and again and again (till they pick up). These are numbers from quite some time ago which I still had in my notes, so I apologize if they don't work (anymore).

If no result, send them a letter. I never got a reply on an e-mail. (At [email protected] and [email protected]) But a letter works quite well.

Last edited:

Vulgarian

I don't know if this is feasible for you, but I went to DitJen in person and politely asked how things were progressing.

The officer called up to the 10th floor and said it'd be ready in 20 minutes. I expressed surprise that it was so quick, given that I'd been waiting for over a month and he told me that the applications are just in a big pile as they're overloaded with work.

:noidea:

Owen

Went to my local kantor imigrasi and they said there are 5 others from this kantor also already waiting for such a long time...
They explanation they gave is that they use a new version of the software and this causes delays...
Some already waiting for 5 months !!!
And it seems the old link (see previous post from jstar is not working anymore. You can now check the status on the following website:
https://izintinggal-online.imigrasi.go.id/ (select 'Manajemen Layanan' )

Will keep you all informed about further progress...

jstar

Mr. 10,000
Ok thanks.

That link doesn’t work for me (anymore) btw. I guess it’s the one from December 2017?

I wonder if you could follow up from the same website as the new system for VITAS/KITAS/? So similar to @Lila you should be able to track there then....

It’s weird they wouldn’t incorporate ALL right away incl. KITAP but it’s not surprising.

Owen

Just a small update...
Got my Xmas present today ;-)
Somehow suddenly my KITAP is ready... Picked it up this morning and everything looks good!

For whoever is in a similar position: it seems you just need to be extremely patient and go talk to your local kantor imigrasi from time to time...

Helpful Herbert

I just got my new e-Kitap (extension - unlimited) and MERP. The process took 34 days (21 working days, as it was over the holiday period). It was at South Jakarta immigration, total cost 11,950,000Rp.

In general the process was easier than five years ago (no interview, KanIm and KanWil are now more efficient, and DitJen is only 5 days not 10 days like before). There was a slight delay at the end, since DitJen had apparently forgotten to click an approval button (KanIm contacted them to do it, which they did within a day).

Also when I finally arrived at KanIm to pick up the Passport, I was told to come back the next day as the head of immigration was not around to sign it. With some nostalgia for all the bureaucratic processes I have had to go through in the past, knowing this is the last one, I smiled and said I would prefer to wait all day in KanIm until he arrives, rather than come back the next day. By some miracle after 5 minutes they informed me that my passport and kitap were already available and signed by the head of KanIm, and I can go down to lantai 1 and take them.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Activity

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Online Now

No members online now.

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjwalker441