KITAP exit permit & passport validity

beebop

So probably not bloody likely but i got to atleast try out of desperation. Can i get an exit permit on a passport that expires literally days after i leave, then return to indonesia on a new passport?

Wait, you don't already have a merp even though you have a KITAP?

Do you
So probably not bloody likely but i got to atleast try out of desperation. Can i get an exit permit on a passport that expires literally days after i leave, then return to indonesia on a new passport?

Hurry up and get the MERP. Make sure to keep your old passport. I have traveled into Indonesia before with my expired passport which matched my KITAS, and my new passport. They looked at both only briefly and my recollection is that this is a common occurrence and acceptable within the rules.

If you do not have multiple entry-exit permit/MERP, Immigration will not let you out of Indonesia. You can take a new one now. It takes around 5 days.

If you have a valid MERP and expires while abroad, you can take a provisional Entry Permit in Indonesian embassy abroad before coming.

Nothing strange, KITAP is valid for 5 years while MERP is valid for 2 years. It could be beebop didn't renew his MERP when it expired.

No, it is more information that you could have shared to help him.

I don't want to sound negative, but I am wondering if there is a strong chance the OP could get blacklisted through this process.

Do you

Hurry up and get the MERP. Make sure to keep your old passport. I have traveled into Indonesia before with my expired passport which matched my KITAS, and my new passport. They looked at both only briefly and my recollection is that this is a common occurrence and acceptable within the rules.

Thank you, i just went to immigration & they said theyre going to do it for me. Maybe theres atleast a candle light at tge end of the tunnel for me

Thank you, i just went to immigration & they said theyre going to do it for me. Maybe theres atleast a candle light at tge end of the tunnel for me
When you hopefully come back, come back with the old passport with the ITAP stamp and valid MERP and the new passport. When you enter to Indonesia, transfer the old ITAS to the new passport.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Les 819
Back