KITAP ex-Indonesian proof of lost citizenship

Yeah, that is what I am worried about too. I guess there is only one way to find out, which I will have to in a couple of months.
I am sponsored by my wife which reside in Jakarta Pusat, I hope the regional CatSip there won't be too troublesome.

theoretically, If I want to convert my KITAS to KITAP straight away as an ex-Indonesian, do I need to first get an SKTT for my KITAS? It will be great if I don't have to go to CatSip twice to get an SKTT and then another one for KTP-OA?
If I'm not mistaken...all KITAS people need to apply for SKTT first (and not jump straight to KTP OA).

I personally have not been to catatan sipil, but take a few deep breath and it will be a good exercise for you to go to the immigration yourself a few times to see that..Indonesia is not the same like it was 20 years ago...while you'll still see a bit intimidation here and there...but overall they're much easier to deal with...play it cool and don't comment/ask too many unnecessary things. The more you act like you don't know anything...they will see you as an easy target. I did my KITAP application by myself it was a grueling four months but believe me by the end of that four months....even the officers smiled and joked with me..saying they won't see me for another five years!

Yeah, my departure date is in about a month time. Once I have successfully converted my VITAS to KITAS, I am planning to head to Catatan Sipil to process my SKTT. Fingers crossed, I will be able to get that letter without the need for the 'surat keterangan pelepasan WNI'. I will share the experience here.

Thanks everyone! appreciate your help

Hi all, does anyone know what the requirements are for getting the surat keterangan domisili from RT/RW? I will be sponsored by my WNI wife and this is for SKTT application.

It's a standard form that the Pak RT has lying around.

Should be filled in by your wife (attach copy KTP spouse and your KITAS) with the reason clearly stated.

Then he stamps it, signs it and takes it to the Pak RW who signs it, stamps it...you get my drift.

Thanks Jstar! Yes, got it.

Also, does anyone know how long does it normally take to get a vitas converted to itas? My agent has processed it since last week but havent heard anything back from the immigration re. Fingerprints and photos.

My agent told me that currently there is a massive computer system down in immigration hence the backlog...

Hi @dannyboy, just wondering if you got the 'surat keterangan pelepasan WNI' yet? I'm currently applying for my SKTT and they ask about that letter. I think I have to go to Kemenkumham but don't know if there are any requirements to get that letter as their website doesn't mention anything about this letter...
Thanks so much!

Hello Danny, please could you tell me how long it took to your wife to get the Vitas from the first time she applied it on line until you got it?
terimakasi

Hi @dannyboy, just wondering if you got the 'surat keterangan pelepasan WNI' yet? I'm currently applying for my SKTT and they ask about that letter. I think I have to go to Kemenkumham but don't know if there are any requirements to get that letter as their website doesn't mention anything about this letter...
Thanks so much!

Hey maplenik,

sorry for the late reply, I have been away.
Yes, after months of inquiries here and there I managed to find the 'official' protocol of getting the letter from Indonesia. This web has the step by step guide to get it.
http://panduan.ahu.go.id/doku.php?id=permohonan_kehilangan_kewarganegaraan

don't be fooled by the apparent simplicity of the process, though in principle those steps are what needed. I still haven't got mine approved because of some mistakes that they spotted by my submitted documents (took them 3 weeks to tell me that I got them wrong), so I need to resubmit them after the holiday is over.

I'll just tell you now so you don't make the same rookie mistake as I do.
1. when they say sign: it means meterai + signature (not just signature!)
2. when they said to provide a hardcopy it means one with a stamp saying it is approved by a notary, not just a photocopy.
3. you can drop the document to the Cikini AHU office, not necessarily the Rasuna Said one.

Also, the office is closed until 10th of June, hope it helps.

Hello Danny, please could you tell me how long it took to your wife to get the Vitas from the first time she applied it on line until you got it?
terimakasi

Hey Saudade, the vitas is for me as my wife is the WNI one. I used an agent for that and it took about 3 weeks If I am not mistaken.

Hey maplenik,

sorry for the late reply, I have been away.
Yes, after months of inquiries here and there I managed to find the 'official' protocol of getting the letter from Indonesia. This web has the step by step guide to get it.
http://panduan.ahu.go.id/doku.php?id=permohonan_kehilangan_kewarganegaraan

don't be fooled by the apparent simplicity of the process, though in principle those steps are what needed. I still haven't got mine approved because of some mistakes that they spotted by my submitted documents (took them 3 weeks to tell me that I got them wrong), so I need to resubmit them after the holiday is over.

I'll just tell you now so you don't make the same rookie mistake as I do.
1. when they say sign: it means meterai + signature (not just signature!)
2. when they said to provide a hardcopy it means one with a stamp saying it is approved by a notary, not just a photocopy.
3. you can drop the document to the Cikini AHU office, not necessarily the Rasuna Said one.

Also, the office is closed until 10th of June, hope it helps.
Hi dannyboy
I would like to know to get surat pelepasan WNI via AHU website:
1.How long is the process to finally get the letter?
2.The fotocopy of document for example akte lahir should be approved by notary or also needs to be legalised by the Kemenhumkan? I am currently living overseas so not sure how to get document approved by notary.
Thanks

Hi dannyboy
I would like to know to get surat pelepasan WNI via AHU website:
1.How long is the process to finally get the letter?
2.The fotocopy of document for example akte lahir should be approved by notary or also needs to be legalised by the Kemenhumkan? I am currently living overseas so not sure how to get document approved by notary.
Thanks

Hi Ani, If you got everything ready, it is not supposed to be that long, perhaps a few weeks.
If you are not yet in Indonesia it is not worth it starting the process since the document is not required to apply for KITAS, it is only needed when you apply for SKTT or KTP-OA.

the copies of the documents needed to be approved by a notary locally in Indonesia, takes less than 10 min to do the whole thing if the notary is not busy.

Hi Ani, If you got everything ready, it is not supposed to be that long, perhaps a few weeks.
If you are not yet in Indonesia it is not worth it starting the process since the document is not required to apply for KITAS, it is only needed when you apply for SKTT or KTP-OA.

the copies of the documents needed to be approved by a notary locally in Indonesia, takes less than 10 min to do the whole thing if the notary is not busy.
Thanks Danny for your reply.
If I still want to do it from overseas thru AHU, can the copy of Indonesian docs be certified by notary where I live because I cannot go back to Indo due to Covid. This online thing seems difficult to do if everything still needs to be done in Indo.
Thanks

If I still want to do it from overseas thru AHU, can the copy of Indonesian docs be certified by notary where I live because I cannot go back to Indo due to Covid. This online thing seems difficult to do if everything still needs to be done in Indo.
Thanks

Hi Danny
I forgot to ask you,for your WNA passport did you also ask notary in Jakarta to certify the copy?
Thanks!

Thanks

That I am not too sure about. I'd imagine something like the justice of the peace equivalent in some western countries might be adequate. However, don't put too much hope on it.

regarding the copy of WNA passport,I can't remember, but pretty much everything that they ask you to submit a copy of, needed to be certified.

Thanks

Unless your notary speaks Indonesian and or familiar with Indonesian law, I would think it’s more practicable to get it certified by an Indonesian notary. Otherwise, they might ask for a sworn translation and that would be an extra hassle.

Hi Danny
I forgot to ask you,for your WNA passport did you also ask notary in Jakarta to certify the copy?
Thanks!
I got my WNA passport certified by a notary in Jakarta.

Other WNA documents (ie. WNA certificate) requires a translation by a sworn translator.

Hi Danny
Thanks!

actually now that you mentioned this, I used to contact this online service that does certified translation. Even though I ended up not using them, I am quite sure they do certify a copy of the document as well, you can check it out.

OK looks like it's my turn to join in again on this conversation. Looking at the link provided by Danny, (A Isi form Permohonan Kehilangan Atas Permohonan Sendiri...), I don't have Indonesian passport anymore...and the form says "Wajib isi" how would I do that?

Also....I'm trying to send a request to Indonesian Consulate in the US....I wonder if this short paragraph would do? (Any ex-Indo wanna chime in?)..haven't had to write super formal letter to government official before...

Selamat siang ibu/bapak di Konsulate RI di...xxxxx

Perkenankan nama saya......xxxxxx.... saya adalah ex WNI yang sekarang tinggal di Indonesia. Saat ini saya sedang memulai proses untuk perpanjangan KITAP saya. Salah satu syarat utk proses perpanjangan tersebut adalah Surat Pernyataan Pelaporan Permohonan Pelepasan WNI dari konsulate di Amerika.

Besar harapan saya untuk bisa mendapatkan surat tersebut dari bapak/ibu untuk menjalankan proses perpanjangan KITAP saya.

Atas perhatian bapak/ibu saya ucapkan terima kasih.

Last edited:

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

No members online now.

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member