• We have just upgraded to Xenforo 2.1. We still have a few things to iron out while the forum is live. If you see any bug, please let us know. Any question? Feel free to ask.

KITAP and home employment

colroe

Charter Member
Hi, I have been out of country for a couple of years. Would like to do something with my spare time. I am KITAP holder, married with 1 child. I am not intetested in forming a business or working on IMTA. Would just like to do a few hours per week at home, perhaps teaching English. I recall a bit of discussion about this a few years back, with a clause in some Indonesian document stating that a KITAP holder can work to support family but it appeared that this could be achieved only by going thru the paperchase. However I do not want Immigration or Manpower chasing me. Anybody else in a similar situation?

R Cameron

Charter Member
Cager
The right of a WNA with a WNI spouse to work to support their family (without IMTA) is something of much discussion around here. The general consensus seems to be that it is legal, but that some officials are still stubborn in their personal interpretation.

But you may not need to rely on that. Who are you going to teach English? If you do it online for clients outside Indonesia you could very easily fly under the radar.

waarmstrong

Charter Member
Cager
Perhaps the OP could clarify, but my impression is that the proffered teaching would be offered to locals face to face a few hours per week at the Indonesian home place.

Last edited:

colroe

Charter Member
Perhaps the OP could clarify, but my impression that the proffered teaching would be offered to locals face to face a few hours per week at the Indonesian home place.
Yes, thats correct. Just do a bit of tutoring at my Indonesian home.

centurion

Cager
Working only on a spouse KITAP without a work permit in Indonesia is the same as being gay in Indonesia. Until nobody knows and you do it at home it is OK.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Online Now

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitian_Indau
Top Bottom