JOG airport flights moved Yogyakarta International Airport (YIA) March 29, 2020

Jaime C

Charter Member
Cager
Yet another airport move. This time to Kulon Progo, which is supposed to be 90 minutes away.

Not sure if there are flight exclusions, but the email I got from Air Asia said all domestic and international flights were moving.

Euc-

Charter Member
Cager
Horrible choice re location. Loved the fact that the current airport was so close to town. Will definitely reconsider a trip to jogja in the future if that means having to leave to the airport 2,5/3 hours before a domestic flight.

Will_M

90mins is nothing compared to the Bandung / Kertajati move.

Used to like the quick Bandung to Yogya hop but I guess that’ll now stop too.

jstar

Mr. 10,000
Garuda already sent out a warning end of January. It said the new airport would be operational in April. Only air force and small private planes stay at JOG.

With this distance and the road being not so great (yet), it could even make sense to fly via Solo instead.

Euc-

Charter Member
Cager
Ah yes good point, I took a train once from Solo to Jogja, was some silly cheap amount like 6k or so.. looked like a commuter rail, not a regular train. Was clean and pretty quick if I remember correctly.

ChrisTex

Charter Member
Cager
Garuda already sent out a warning end of January. It said the new airport would be operational in April. Only air force and small private planes stay at JOG.

With this distance and the road being not so great (yet), it could even make sense to fly via Solo instead.

And depending on where you live in Jakarta, you have a choice on which airport you want to fly out of.

Jaime C

Charter Member
Cager
I refuse to fly Domestic from Kerajati. The one time we did it, it was horrible having to leave so many hours in advance. Might as well fly out of Jakarta.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Activity

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WKTJ
Top Bottom