Japanese Earthquake but dont worry....?

harryopal

Charter Member
Japan has been hit by a 7.3 earthquake. "Tokyo Electric Power, which runs the Fukushima Dai-ichi nuclear power plant that was hit in the 2011 disaster, said the water used to cool fuel rods near the reactors had spilled because of the shaking. But there were no radiation leaks or other irregularities, the company tweeted." ABC news.

This is the same company that sought to minimize and cover up the serious impact after the the meltdown at their nuclear reactor 10 years ago. So just a little bit of spillage of water around the radioactive fuel rods. Nothing to worry about really. Ohh yes!

Balifrog

Nature has managed the world since thousands of year....

Let it to it's job.

Remember the ice age, the dynosaures ?

Nothing you can change about it. So there is no point to worry.

Sit back, relax and enjoy the day.

dafluff

Cager
Last time @harryopal said not to panic, there was a little bug going around in China, which turned out to be freaking Covid-19.

So I fully expect Godzilla to emerge in Tokyo in the next few days.

ChrisTex

Charter Member
Cager
Last time @harryopal said not to panic, there was a little bug going around in China, which turned out to be freaking Covid-19.

So I fully expect Godzilla to emerge in Tokyo in the next few days.

Can we then expect jaegers to show up too?

El_Goretto

Cager
So this got me to reading the beginning of the don't panic thread. Wow! It's fascinating to read everyone's takes back then but also to remember how I was feeling back then about the virus vs now. I was also surprised to realize the thread was created in January 2020 (duh) which isn't that long ago but it somehow feels so far, like this thing has been dragging on and on forever.

We are not just in the new normal but the old normal is feeling so alien to me now. Was watching a movie just now and seeing people without a mask and so close to one another feels so weird and... Gross?

harryopal

Charter Member
One of the thus far unmentioned losses of the pandemic is that, with all the mask wearing, the smiles have disappeared. At least in Bali it was pleasant to see so many smiles from people just passing by. Now the masks have not only taken away the smiles but the casual interactions are seemingly...., not unfriendly but definitely less heart warming without the smiles.

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Activity

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
farid8
Top Bottom