Jakarta Riandi Classic car garage, Balikpapan

sdrew

Hi all,

Could I please ask for some help?Has anyone seen or dealt with the above company in Balikpapan who deal with classic cars? They look and sound authentic but are extremely cheap and I can’t easily get there. Also does anyone know of any companies that might do vehicle inspections in the local area? Thanks very much in advance for any help, which will be very much appreciated.

Kind regards,
Steve

waarmstrong

Charter Member
Cager
I don't see them online; it is unusual for anyone selling anything, especially rare and expensive commodities or services, to have a zero digital footprint. You might call any of the local auto dealers in Balikpapan and ask if they have ever heard of the outfit.

waarmstrong

Charter Member
Cager
I opened the site. They list a number of cars, but only 3 of their inventory were available and priced. They do not list sold or pending prices, making me wonder where you got the idea that their cars are priced "extremely cheap."
They did have a '62 fuel injected Vette listed, but w/o an asking price -- meaning that their price is not likely an inducement to buy.

sdrew

I'm pretty sure it's an elaborate hoax but the two cars I was interested in were a 50's Merc 190sl and a 60's 280sl priced at USD50,000 and USD35,000 respectively. If they were as described they would each be at least GBP75, 000 each in the UK, so I'd call that cheap. It's also not unusual for garages not to show sold prices. It's a very professional website, and the cars are very well and individually described but too good to be true (probably).

waarmstrong

Charter Member
Cager
I defer to your market acumen; Mercedes are not on my wish list so I don't follow prices, especially prices of vintage models and especially, especially in the UK. Be careful, but good luck with your further explorations.

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Activity

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anie
Top Bottom