ITAS (so simple), but MERP is missing?

cup1981

Hey all. So I went the online route to get VITAS in the U.S. and ITAS in Indo, which allowed me to completely bypass the stop at an embassy because the U.S. embassy allows you to mail it all in. Immigration went smoothly, but immigration office here seems to think you need to renew twice before getting a ITAP. No biggie, I will just renew it.

But one big issue that I just noticed is I paid for a MERP, but I didn't get a MERP stamp in my passport nor is there anything on the electronic ITAS they emailed me. Should I have gotten a stamp in my passport for the MERP or something listed on my e-ITAS paperwork, or do they not stamp the MERP until I leave the country?

So confused... lol.

jstar

Mr. 10,000
Phew, this seems to change every three months or so. They combined the two stamps some time ago.

So no stamp in the passport whatsoever? Only the e-mail that needs to be attached? Nothing on multi-entry?

cup1981

Phew, this seems to change every three months or so. They combined the two stamps some time ago.

So no stamp in the passport whatsoever? Only the e-mail that needs to be attached? Nothing on multi-entry?
Yeah, no stamp or anything. Just a stamp that reads Kantor Imigrasi Tasikmalaya. And I see no mention of re-entry on my e-ITAS paperwork either. We are awaiting a reply from the Kator Imgrasi now about whether there is supposed to be a stamp or not. Their initial response was that the MERP is registered with imigrasi, but we followed up by asking if there should be a stamp now or if I only get one when I leave the country.

Of course, KanIm hates followup questions, so I am sure it will go without a response for a while lol :).

cup1981

After reading your reply, I decided to screenshot my ITAS and attach it. As I redacted the thing to keep some info private, I see in big, fat letters "Stay/Multiple Re-Entry Expiry"... Ugh... lol :)

I guess they no longer stamp passports until you leave the country, and the MERP is just saved in the system and pops up when you scan at the airport to exit :).

curlyman11

I have recently the same e-kitas as you and used rentry the country already and everything goes smoothly with the re-entry permit at emigration at airport.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Activity

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ww46
Top Bottom