Is this the new normal?

Shadrach

Hello all, I was just watching a made for television series called New Amsterdam and in one of their segments they had a young girl wanting to get a sex change operation to become a boy. They portrayed this as normal in the world today. I always thought I had an open mind about people be heterosexual or homosexual as a choice in life. I thought if two individuals felt a profound love for each other it was a good thing regardless if that love was man to woman or man to man, or woman to man or woman to woman. Now in this world of medical breakthroughs doctor can perform operations that can alter a persons sex!
I guess I'm old fashioned because I have a hard time thinking is normal! I thought I was cool to be open to homosexuality and had many gay friends. But now with this changing ones body from male to female or vis versa is too much for me to think this is normal. I heard that it is even promoted in western schools to children as something normal. Am I being an old fuddy duddy or what? I would like to hear feedback from others on this subject!

No, this is absolute madness....

For years we have been preaching, colonizing and converting to our beliefs, i.e. a family is a man, a woman and children.

Now we are.preaching exactly the opposite.

100% madness, and no wonder other civilizations are looking at the "developped West" like we are bunch of decadent persons.
Putin is great at reminding it.

But then again, I am 70, so maybe I am "out of the loop" ?

But remember, the end of the Roman Empire started with decadence.....

When you have people throwing stones at Epstein, but at the same time we have a President (Macron) who, although minor, was seduced by his 40y old teacher when he was at school (17 old) and everybody considers that normal I shake my head....
Double standards ?

Go to a doctor and try to get them to cut off a perfectly good arm. Not going to happen. Want your boobs or penis cut off, no problem even at a young age. Something is definitely wrong.

Define young girl, please. Most type of sex change operations are only done on adults in the West. I know there used to be lots of psychological testing to be approved for it in the US.

I recall the first time I ever saw detailed info on a sex change operation, likely in 1978 or 1979. I was playing hooky from Sunday school, with another non-believer classmate. We went to a nearby post office, and saw a bunch of returned mail thrown away, including a medical journal showing the details. I took it home and read it through. Even showed it to my mom.

If an adult is motivated enough to go through it all, more power to them.

Define young girl, please. Most type of sex change operations are only done on adults in the West. I know there used to be lots of psychological testing to be approved for it in the US.

I recall the first time I ever saw detailed info on a sex change operation, likely in 1978 or 1979. I was playing hooky from Sunday school, with another non-believer classmate. We went to a nearby post office, and saw a bunch of returned mail thrown away, including a medical journal showing the details. I took it home and read it through. Even showed it to my mom.

Is 14 young enough? That's when they can start hormone treatment and then get surgeries starting at 15 to 17. By 18 they can be a completely different gender, surgically anyways.

And here is a report on how much treatment has increased over the past few years.

Will be interesting to see how many will regret their decision in 5 or 10 years...

But hey, if they don't commit suicide, they'll probably "revert" again ? 🤣🤣🤣

Bon, more seriously...we in the "know it all" West make a big fuss out of it, showing our global ignorance.

Transgenders have always existed. Anybody who has been to Thailand has seen Katoeys (or Ladyboys). They are part of society since always.
In Tahiti, we have the Rae Rae since centuries..

Remembers me some good fun souvenirs when i was based there for the French Navy.
Rae raes used to hang out in certain bars or clubs, we used to bring some newbies (who never left France before and remember this is the 70's), and telling them "here you can be a bit more direct with women, not like at home".
Look at the tall one there, she is looking at you, she has it for you man, attack...
Guy go have a dance, the evening goes on, "dont be shy, kiss her" and our newbie is in paradise.
Next "give it a touch down there man, you're on the roll "...
Next the guy comes back at the table redfaced, embarrassed and we go "guess who is paying the next bottle of whisky if you want us to keep this quiete...?"
Those were the days !

This was a young girl age 16. A Psychiatrist told her to wait until body finished developing but did promote it, also he was in several scenes kissing his boyfriend and one scene in bed naked on top of each other. I can understand how a person can love another of the same sex but when I think of men having anal sex with another man I get kinda grossed out. And when I think about women using an artificial dildo to have sex with another woman I think why do that, just have sex with a man.

But hey in this world now people eat tofu turkey, soy bean, wheat gluten hamburgers, and hotdog! Even imitation bacon and flavor it to taste like the real thing! It will become like Star Trek and you just push a button and you have anything from a machine in space. When we have completely destroyed the Earth and have to live in a bubble or spaceship they will have fake waterfalls, smells, sounds so you feel at home.

So just plug along with your nose to the grind stone, get your injections, shut up, pay your taxes, and Big Brother will take care of everything

This was a young girl age 16. A Psychiatrist told her to wait until body finished developing but did promote it, also he was in several scenes kissing his boyfriend and one scene in bed naked on top of each other. I can understand how a person can love another of the same sex but when I think of men having anal sex with another man I get kinda grossed out. And when I think about women using an artificial dildo to have sex with another woman I think why do that, just have sex with a man.

But hey in this world now people eat tofu turkey, soy bean, wheat gluten hamburgers, and hotdog! Even imitation bacon and flavor it to taste like the real thing! It will become like Star Trek and you just push a button and you have anything from a machine in space. When we have completely destroyed the Earth and have to live in a bubble or spaceship they will have fake waterfalls, smells, sounds so you feel at home.

So just plug along with your nose to the grind stone, get your injections, shut up, pay your taxes, and Big Brother will take care of everything
Cheer up man, it's Sunday morning !

Some years ago saw a documentary about a fellow, late forties, who wanted a sex change operation. He had longish lank hair and worked as a boiler maker in a factory.The first part of the documentary was with him fantasizing about how wonderful it was going to be when he had his own vagina. He had the operation but needed to present at work as a male or lose his job. He was then looking foward to socializing as a woman. When it came down to it, he was an overweight, unattractive, ageing woman. No men showed the slightest interest in him/her. End result was he/she was very depressed and that the wonderful fantasies had been just that..... fantasies. I recall a fellow worked in accounts at the ABC and was talking to him at an ABC christmas party. He was balding, bespectacled not really attractive to either sex it seemed as he confided in me he began to cry because he could never have a baby. Ohh dear.

If people are drawn to alternative forms of sexuality it seems a fair chance they will become confused and have problems dealing with the reality that most heterosexuals view them with disdain if not disgust. Hanging around toilets as a social gathering place.....yuk.
1706407612818.png

Not many years ago there was a big thing about the evils of female genital mutilation.
What happened to that?
Nothing obviously, it still happens along with force feeding young women milk to become big and fat! There is even a culture that at a certain age they file peoples canine teeth down to rid them of something I'm not sure of. Humans are a strange lot. They form these beliefs and mutilate each other to appease their God! I heard some cut off the skin on a man's penis for their God! Some drink the blood of Christ, and some sacrifice animals to appease their God! They fight wars for their God and kill others that belief in a different God. I wonder if this makes their God happy? I heard that some talk to God and that's OK, but if they hear the voice of their God people consider them a heretic! And burn them at the stake! All of this for a God that is supposed to be understanding and compassionate to all. I guess I will never understand the many ways of humans behavior in the name of religion!

Last edited:
I guess I will never understand the many ways of humans behavior in the name of religion!
Taking an oath on the bible without even asking you if you're a believer...
"Gott mit uns" on the flag...
A President pledging to follow the Constitution with a hand on the Bible...
God save the Queen....
God bless America....

Not sure the chap ever signed up for all that !

Taking an oath on the bible without even asking you if you're a believer...
"Gott mit uns" on the flag...
A President pledging to follow the Constitution with a hand on the Bible...
God save the Queen....
God bless America....

Not sure the chap ever signed up for all that !
I love how these chats completely go awry from the original topic!

So many wars are protracted because usually both sides believe God supports their cause. And all those millions of young men going off to be turned into mince meat in both World Wars and many other wars around the globe with representatives of churches blessing them rather than standing apart and calling for peace. Not to mention the crazy, fanatical Israelis and Palestinians who believe they are serving God's will by murdering their enemies.
1706779364526.png

I always thought I had an open mind about people be heterosexual or homosexual as a choice in life.

A choice yes, but I believe the young today are told or believe they can be anything they want. Which sadly is misleading.
Yes you can be a fighter pilot if you study hard at school but you can also get thrown out of flight school if you decide to be a pisshead.
Yes you can lift yourself to another income level but that takes perseverance and hard work, which they don't seem to teach in schools.
That luck plays a huge part in life also seems to go unmentioned.

Not many years ago there was a big thing about the evils of female genital mutilation.
What happened to that?

Many people aware that although the Female genital mutilation in small gilrs is an age-old practice, it is still happening today and remains legal in numerous countries, including Indonesia.

But there has been a shift in a well developed world, where some parents have faced legal consequences for subjecting their daughters to genital mutilation. Even if such procedures are performed abroad, these parents can still be prosecuted in their home countries if their daughters are citizens of those nations.

Last edited:
A choice yes, but I believe the young today are told or believe they can be anything they want. Which sadly is misleading.
Yes you can be a fighter pilot if you study hard at school but you can also get thrown out of flight school if you decide to be a pisshead.
Yes you can lift yourself to another income level but that takes perseverance and hard work, which they don't seem to teach in schools.
That luck plays a huge part in life also seems to go unmentioned.
The problem nowadays is that the kids are beeing manipulated.
F.B., Instagram, TikTok...the latter being the absolute summun of human idioty.

Add to that all those useless NGO's that hold LGBT conferences in schools...

And on the other side it seems most parents have become uninterested in properly educating their kids in social behaviour, manners, verbal expression, and basic civic education.

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
duke
Back