is there a penalty to be paid if late to renew a spousal 317 visa/itas?

mr2000jp

hi everyone,
I'm still new to the forum, so please pardon me if I'm posting my question in the wrong place,
I've been here in Indonesia for one year already with a 12month itas and I'm in the process of renewing my itas, i was wondering is it possible that the immigration will make someone married to Indonesian and staying legally in the country, to pay a penalty if was late for few days to renew the ITAS,
in my country, they didn't ask for penalties if someone married to a local is late to renew the residency card since it's a different case from a worker visa, the marriage state is permanent as you know, not temporary like the working or visit visa, so they understand the situation, and not punishing someone late for paying the fees of renewal,
what about Indonesia, this question is being in my mind for some time now, since one of my friends asked me this question.

dafluff

Cager
What do you mean by late? As in you want to renew the KITAS after it expires?

It will be a big issue if you are in Indonesia. It will be counted as overstay, the fine is now Rp 1 million/day. Over 60 days and you will be deported.

jstar

Mr. 10,000
I have personally never been too late with extensions, and I can imagine that certain people got away with it after sponsoring the (kelas 2 and up) local immigration office.

But officially it is very clear; the permit or visa is expired. This is confirmed by what I've seen happening to people in that situation.

mr2000jp

What do you mean by late? As in you want to renew the KITAS after it expires?

It will be a big issue if you are in Indonesia. It will be counted as overstay, the fine is now Rp 1 million/day. Over 60 days and you will be deported.
so the spousal visa is also included in the penalties if got late for a couple of days to renew it (itas), i wish they are strict with forcing the law against criminals as much as they do for the (legal) residents ,lol

dafluff

Cager
so the spousal visa is also included in the penalties if got late for a couple of days to renew it (itas), i wish they are strict with forcing the law against criminals as much as they do for the (legal) residents ,lol
If you let a KITAS expire while in Indonesia you are no longer legal.

mr2000jp

If you let a KITAS expire while in Indonesia you are no longer legal.
hmmm, what i meant is that marriage doesn't have an expiry date, why do they insist to make it seem like so?
well, the law is the law, after all, thanks for the info my friend

ChrisTex

Charter Member
Cager
There is a penalty fee and you will be asked why you overstayed. How 'nice' they are depends on how you explain yourself.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Activity

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lila Aidina Hayati
Top Bottom