Informal survey: Hard to find baby items?

El_Goretto

Cager
What kind of baby/kid items (up to 7yo) do you find difficult/impossible to get in Indonesia and wish were more readily available?

For nieces I had to bring high quality dolls. So not the Baby Born crap. Also it seems to be hard to get decent swimming clothes for babies. The swim suits can be bought here as well (Jakarta and Kuta) but there is not much choice for 3-6 months and it's rather expensive.

Just a guess although some of your opinions seem rather dated. If you need something in particular and are not in a hurry, I could probably stuff it in with all the baby clothes my wife usually brings for family each visit.

Just a guess although some of your opinions seem rather dated. If you need something in particular and are not in a hurry, I could probably stuff it in with all the baby clothes my wife usually brings for family each visit.

Thank you for the offer, it is very kind but this is not why I'm asking about kid stuff.

I'm curious about your comment on my opinions though? What do you mean exactly? Should we take this to the cage (not an invitation to fight, just trying to avoid being off topic)?

I don't know if you can get these things now, but when our son was little I would have killed for swim diapers!

Also, decent commercial baby food. Being a neurotic perfectionist hover-parent, I of course made most of my son's babyfood. However, it was nice to keep a little commercial stuff in stock for travel/being too tired to fix homemade. The brand our son liked best, and we liked because it was sugar-free (although I bet Gerber's is too, these days), was Earth's Best.

We moved back to Indonesia when our daughter was two. She was 10 when we returned to the USA. I cannot recall anything baby-wise we pined for but could not get while in country. It was not all that difficult to purchase items from departing expats, as well as remaining expats. Baby clothes are really fungible; they are the ubiquitous garage sale commodity whether here in America or Jakarta.

Ps the Cubs just won game 5 of the World Series. I will be going to bed shortly.

Last edited:
Talking about clothes; it is not so easy to find nice baby clothes in 100% cotton. The whole 'forget polyester and go for natural textiles' trend in the west, seems to have passed by many Asian countries. So if you're close to an Oshkosh or Janie & Jack factory outlet...

Something else we took was a baby sleeping bag (bunting), we call it trampling bag, which is better than blankets since it is a garment that will stay on. They like it here so we will take some more of those.

Bambino%20Merino%20Travel%20Baby%20SBag.jpg

Last edited:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nightclubs
Back