Indonesian marriage to US green card holder

Simran

Hi all,
I would you like to ask all of you that how is the process to marriage US green card holder(not citizen yet) and i’m Indonesian? I’m confused. What type of visa should he apply to marriage here? and can we have our civil marriage there but religious ceremony here? If I prefer to marriage in US what type of visa can I apply?
Thanks in advance to reply.. Please answer asap

Fiance visas are only for fiances of U.S. citizens, not green card holders. In order to bring your fiance here, you will have to get married first. You will then have to file an immigrant visa petition for your spouse, known as Form I-130, and wait for it to be approved and for a visa to become available. When both those things happen, your fiance can apply for an immigrant visa at a U.S. Embassy in Jakarta Pusat or maybe at one of the consulates in Medan, Surabaya or Bali .

You can expect to wait a year or so for the I-130 to be approved and the immigrant visa to be processed by the National Visa Center. Once the I-130 is approved, the wait times for immigrant visas for spouses of green card holders, I have heard, are measured in months -- rather than years for some other family relationship based categories. So if all goes well, expect about a year and a half to a two year wait after you marry. (Please note that the wait time estimates are highly speculative on my part.)

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stats
Back