Indonesian banks

Dave70

Is your bank open on Friday 31 May?

BCA will be open.

Panin will be closed.

How can some banks be open and some closed?

Wisnu

Charter Member
For several banks that will close this Friday, probably they will celebrate my birthday :indonesia:

jstar

Mr. 10,000
There’s not much logic there. Besides @Wisnu ’s birthday. Big money changers as VIP are also closed. Don’t think BI is closed though, some banks have a limited operation.

Dave70

Euc is right, some banks are lazier than others. I have been banking with both for decades. BCA is always ahead of Panin is all category except foreign exchange rate. BCA’s staff are better trained and better groomed, their service is better and they seemed more disciplined but friendlier.

Perhaps it can only happen in Indonesia that there are banks closed (while some are open) during a weekday that’s not a public holiday.

jstar

Mr. 10,000
Guess they make 'the bridge' with Acension Day....yes I must say I've seen that I've almost never seen banks in other countries do that, take the Friday or Monday when there's a public holiday on Thursday or Tuesday.

jstar

Mr. 10,000
Seeing that the Mudik already started (the pulang kampung / going home for the Idulfitri festivities) it could be some chose to close to give their employees the chance to leave earlier?

Off topic: Lebaran seems to get longer every year. I remember a week (with the two weekends) but now we often get towards three weeks and even one month is not an exception.

Danamon closed the whole week!
when my finance from US transfer my salary, she got some warning message that said : your transaction will only be processed by 10th June, then she said to me : HOW RIDICULOUS! do you mean no bank activity during Eid Mubarak?
Me: Welcome to Indonesia!

jstar

Mr. 10,000
It I still kind of amazing to see that in today's world there are still manual approvals and actions necessary just to transfer -not even so much- money from one (foreign) account to another. Everything really stops.

waarmstrong

Charter Member
Cager
My experience, as well. Started a USD transfer on May 29; it cleared into my USD account in Indonesia on June 11. Lebaran added 9 or 10 days to the processing time. Cannot say I was not expecting a delay.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Online Now

No members online now.

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mekapo
Top Bottom