Indonesia to extend mandatory quarantine to 14 days for travellers from some countries.

Well, you have proved my point. Any adult using the word 'lol' is highly suspect. TKYUM or should I say SNPIATFM? Or possibly WAACTINTIWM lol!

Moderation note: This post is in violation of our Posting Guidelines (PG).

As it is the user's first violation, we are issuing a warning that a post of this nature is not acceptable on these forums. If you have any disagreement with the content of another user's post in our forum, the only acceptable way to deal with it is to report it to a moderator. The report link is available under each post.

As always, further violations of our PGs will result in further moderation, up to and including restricting the account from posting.

Thanks,

The Moderation Team

Just a data point. My parents arrived in Jakarta last Wednesday from USA, and they are subject to a 5-day quarantine in a listed hotel. You can reserve the hotel in advance, or you can simply pick one when you arrive, as long as it’s on the list. My impression is that the hotels have plenty of capacity, so a reservation is not strictly necessary at this moment. Of course as international travel volume increases, room availability may change.

You reserve to make sure you get the one you prefer. Otherwise it could be any old cr*p.

Reactions: Dan
Wife and kids, all WNI, traveled from the United States and just finished their quarantine about two days ago. A few important things to note:

-We encountered some social media influencers and other rumor mongers who have suggested that children five and under will not require a negative PCR test 72 hours before arrival. That is completely incorrect and they will require even infants (per Indonesian Embassy Los Angeles) to have had a PCR test before boarding the plane to come to Indonesia.

-There's a strong military presence at Sukarno-Hatta airport. When you arrive, they will ask if you already have a hotel booked. If you do, they will summon a representative from the hotel to arrange for your transit.

-When you arrive at your hotel, you will take your first PCR test at your expense. It was about 50USD per person.

-If you test positive they will send you to a quarantine facility instead of staying at your hotel.

-The hotel will hold your passports and other travel documents. The military is also present in your hotel. You are strictly forbidden from leaving your hotel room. I would make certain that you arrange with the hotel in advance to have your documents ready for travel on the day your quarantine ends.

-My family stayed at a modest hotel. Food was brought to them each day in boxes, and it was standard Indonesian fare. They loved it, your mileage may vary. If you're picky about your meal choices, I would highly recommend booking a quarantine package with a luxury branded hotel.

-On day four, they will give you your second PCR test at your expense.

-After five days, if you're WNI, you can leave and go on a domestic flight to your destination.

So that's about it. Our experience may differ from yours in some key aspects. If you're traveling as WNA with KITAS with a WNI family I have no idea how that works. My suspicion is that they'd require you to quarantine for the maximum time. I'd call your local Indonesian Embassy for the best information.

Quarantine is 5 nights, you are actually going out on day 6. More or less as @Dan has described.
In my case, the "quarantine package" from the hotel also included 2 PCR tests. You are tested on day 5 (the day before going out). On check out, you get a Certificate that you are negative and that you can continue your journey.

The whole family can be in one room (foreigners, Indonesians, whatever).

Yes the 5 star packages include the tests and results and you get the result in the morning of the last day and "can" be out at lunchtime apparently

Wife and kids, all WNI, traveled from the United States and just finished their quarantine about two days ago. A few important things to note:

-We encountered some social media influencers and other rumor mongers who have suggested that children five and under will not require a negative PCR test 72 hours before arrival. That is completely incorrect and they will require even infants (per Indonesian Embassy Los Angeles) to have had a PCR test before boarding the plane to come to Indonesia.

-There's a strong military presence at Sukarno-Hatta airport. When you arrive, they will ask if you already have a hotel booked. If you do, they will summon a representative from the hotel to arrange for your transit.

-When you arrive at your hotel, you will take your first PCR test at your expense. It was about 50USD per person.

-If you test positive they will send you to a quarantine facility instead of staying at your hotel.

-The hotel will hold your passports and other travel documents. The military is also present in your hotel. You are strictly forbidden from leaving your hotel room. I would make certain that you arrange with the hotel in advance to have your documents ready for travel on the day your quarantine ends.

-My family stayed at a modest hotel. Food was brought to them each day in boxes, and it was standard Indonesian fare. They loved it, your mileage may vary. If you're picky about your meal choices, I would highly recommend booking a quarantine package with a luxury branded hotel.

-On day four, they will give you your second PCR test at your expense.

-After five days, if you're WNI, you can leave and go on a domestic flight to your destination.

So that's about it. Our experience may differ from yours in some key aspects. If you're traveling as WNA with KITAS with a WNI family I have no idea how that works. My suspicion is that they'd require you to quarantine for the maximum time. I'd call your local Indonesian Embassy for the best information.
Can you give more details on the hotel and pricing for the entire family?

We might try and visit this summer. As a family of 3, including an 8 year old, I wanted to make sure I understand all the costs correctly. Cost for kids, etc.

In looking at some pricing online, I see some huge variations in price, even amongst similarly starred properties.

A vlog about quarantine Holliday Inn hotel review - seem not bad.

"Spacious". Lol

And so happy with the food that they had to order extra.

This was my point that I got attacked on previously. Yeh they " survived".
But now imagine a room twice the size, with opening windows, balcony, broadband internet, 200 tv channels, King size bed, bathtub, 3 hot western meals daily with cutlery etc etc etc

If you can afford a few hundred $ extra then it is worth it to stay in 5* hotel. My mate stayed in Shangri-La and said it was excellent and he was totally full stuffed with the food they delivered. He had fresh air, fast internet, big comfy clean bed, hot water with big tub too etc

Anyway everyone's choice is their own. Some people like to save money. Others prefer to be comfortable.

But 5 days in a 30sqm room with the same air and limited tv and patchy Wi-Fi and crap food and only a shower would drive me mad. I'd much rather be able to soak in a hot bath tub with a glass of wine and relax for 5 days lol

Quarantine is 5 nights, you are actually going out on day 6. More or less as @Dan has described.
In my case, the "quarantine package" from the hotel also included 2 PCR tests. You are tested on day 5 (the day before going out). On check out, you get a Certificate that you are negative and that you can continue your journey.

The whole family can be in one room (foreigners, Indonesians, whatever).
Quarantine is (currently) 5 nights for EITHER WNI or WNA? Or five for WNI, and fourteen for WNA?

I have

I have been in quarantine from May 31st evening till Saturday 5th morning. Everybody gets the same.
Can you share us where you were quarantine, price for 5 nights quarantine package, and other useful information other forum members can use such as food, wi-fi speed, etc.

WNI 5 nights govt hotel free
WNA 5 nights at own expense
WNI also can pick and pay own

5 nights / 6 days for all

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Les 819
Back