Indonesia gives death row inmates 72 hours notice of impending executions

fastpitch17

Charter Member
Cager
Indonesia is so dead set on exicuting drug mules in the name of reducing drug use in Indonesia is almost comical barring that there will be loss of life. Statistics show it has done nothing in the way of slowing down drug use and in fact, it has risen. It seems to me it is all because of some egos that want to push their weight around and tell the world, look, we are doing something serious about drugs, don't interfere. Unfortunantly for them, the world has an insite to their confession meathods and judicial corruption.

my question regarding all these exicutions. Why no other inmate convicted of capital offenses that recieved the death sentance have not been on the list. Indonesia seems to prioritizing foreigners. Why, because they think they are getting a bigger audience in order to stop trafficing. I doubt that tge majority of the mules used even read a newspaper. Basically, for or against the exicutions, the entire system along with their justifications are just really messed up.

rabbit_39

Charter Member
Cager
Especially since the justice system here produces results like the JIS case. Who knows who's really guilty and who's not.

fastpitch17

Charter Member
Cager
I have a nephew, (close to 40 now) who smokes the weed whenever he gets some cash. Mother and family claim he is brain damaged by it and Mother still supports him as he still lives at home. I think he has just figured out he doesn't need to do anything except lay around and he will be taken care of. Mother and family are all for the executions of the foreigners for drugs. To them, their son/brother wouldn't have his problems if it wasn't for those evil foreigners. I try to explain that marijuana is a locally produced product, grown and distributed by Indonesians but, they refuse to listen to that. No, foreigners are the cause of all the problems.

William King

Charter Member
Cager
I have a nephew, (close to 40 now) who smokes the weed whenever he gets some cash. Mother and family claim he is brain damaged by it and Mother still supports him as he still lives at home. I think he has just figured out he doesn't need to do anything except lay around and he will be taken care of. Mother and family are all for the executions of the foreigners for drugs. To them, their son/brother wouldn't have his problems if it wasn't for those evil foreigners. I try to explain that marijuana is a locally produced product, grown and distributed by Indonesians but, they refuse to listen to that. No, foreigners are the cause of all the problems.

And he is exactly the sort of idiot that would be persuaded to do a drug run, get caught, and be sentenced to death...

macvert

Cager
the world is full of misinformed imbeciles in denial, the people politicians rely on

tokektokek

Charter Member
Cager
And his family would blame it on foreigners.

Sadly that problem exists all over the world, including in my native UK.

Too many ignorant people. Whenever there is a problem, its always "blame the foreigners".

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Activity

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Online Now

No members online now.

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
serro