Indonesia & Corruption: a few articles in the past few weeks

Another high profile corruption news involve high-ranking officials, the Deputy Minister of Law and Human Rights the top echelons who supposed to enforce the law and anti-corruption measures. Instead of combating corruption as intended, these individuals have become central figures in corrupt practices, particularly involving gratification.

The present government has pursued cases like these more extensively than the combined efforts of all six preceding administrations. Prosecuting bringing them to justice such powerful individuals requires the person himself needs an exceptionally clean and meticulous approach.

Deputy Minister of Law and Human Rights Eddy Hiariej Officially Becomes Suspect in Gratification

Becoming a Corruption Suspect, Deputy Minister of Law and Human Rights Resigns

Deputy Minister of Law and Human Rights Eddy Hiariej Allegedly Pocketed IDR 8 Billion from the Former Boss of PT CLM

Last edited:
:ROFLMAO:(y) I loved this one:

Authorities Find 260 Stolen Vehicles at Army Facility in Sidoarjo

A joint investigation by the police and the military uncovered a vehicle theft ring involving active soldiers and discovered at least 260 stolen cars and motorcycles kept at a storage facility of the Army in the East Java town of Sidoarjo.

:p:crazy: BUT... the classic example of corruption:

Over 50 KPK Employees Accused of Accepting Bribes from Detainees

...more than 50 employees of the Corruption Eradication Commission (KPK) are alleged to have accepted bribes from suspects detained at the commission’s facility.

1705294133753.png
:ROFLMAO:(y) I loved this one:

Authorities Find 260 Stolen Vehicles at Army Facility in Sidoarjo

:p:crazy: BUT... the classic example of corruption:

Over 50 KPK Employees Accused of Accepting Bribes from Detainees
When the TNI makes an offer perhaps, like the Mafia, an offer you cannot refuse.
1705294133423.png

Perhaps I missed it, what has former Defence Minister Prabowo had to say

Perhaps I missed it, what has former Defense Minister Prabowo had to say
As far as I can tell the very well-connected man hasn't made any statements about the incident...as he hasn't made any comments about the beatings and death of opposition campaign worker(s). Not leadership material, IMHO, but it's probably good politics to pretend that nothing happened.

Some of the Ganjar-Mahfud election posters mention corruption and nepotism... that alone may reason for a good beating. :oops:

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
duke
Back