Importing Household Goods Prior to Obtaining KITAS

Greg

I will be spending at least a year (possibly longer) in Yogyakarta on a Sosial Budaya visa before converting to KITAS. Is it possible / feasible to import my household goods while on Social Budaya?

The thing I am really after getting into the country is a very large collection of second-hand books (over 1,000)

Any advice much appreciated.

harryopal

Charter Member
Good evening Greg,
If you go to this forum link you will find a lot of information relevant to your enquiry.
https://www.expatindo.org/community/forums/export-import-moving-in-moving-out.25/

When I was beginning to relocate here permanently the general advice was that importing goods is complicated and expensive and better to sell off goods at home and buy here. I had reason to make several trips from Queensland Australia and paid for the largest level of allowable luggage and moved about 480kilos. I did bring a number of basic tools including a drill (all obtainable here) which were very useful. With personal accompanied baggage I had no trouble with Customs and no duties to pay.

Books are weighty and unless you are committed to staying long term it might be best to limit yourself to some books that you must have to hand and keep your collection stored at home.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mekapo
Top Bottom