How to make sure you get the Chinese vaccine.!

ukcouple

Charter Member
Cager
For those who need to get back to Hong Kong or mainland China, a visa requirement will be proof of innoculation with one of the Chinese developed vaccines either Sinovac or Sinopharma.

So how to make sure that the vaccine is one of the approved Chinese ones before getting vaccinated, and get a certificate to prove it.?

Has anyone more information about this.?

You will know and it will say on the vax cert
Here so far only Sinovac officially and you get a cert afterwards saying what you had

Tks for the info.

Can you request the Sinovac one.? Do you get an option or does it just depend on the vaccination center.?

You will know and it will say on the vax cert
Here so far only Sinovac officially and you get a cert afterwards saying what you had

Several areas are vaccinating with AstraZenica so that's not entirely correct.

Don't have the answer for OP's question though.

"Officially "
I think the Astra one you pay
And obviously yes you know what vaccine you get before

So either you get the free official Sinovac
Or pay for Astra at the moment
And the certificate obviously says what you had. Like a prescription

This isn't correct, Snpark. I got the Astra Zeneca, like a few friends in other province than mine such as Bali for example, and didn't pay.

This isn't correct, Snpark. I got the Astra Zeneca, like a few friends in other province than mine such as Bali for example, and didn't pay.
Wife, her daughter, sister and myself all had AstraZenaca vaccinations here in Bali without charge.

"Officially "
I think the Astra one you pay
And obviously yes you know what vaccine you get before

And the certificate obviously says what you had. Like a prescription
Nope, totally official. COVAX donated a few million AZ vaccines that are being used mostly for the designated tourism areas. No payment required at all.

It is at this moment not officially possible yet to get a paid vaccine through the governments "Gotong Royong" project, although I know many who would jump on the opportunity. Freeport alone ordered 70k dozes for their employees and their family members.

In Jakarta afaik the only free one is Sino but you can go private and pay for AZ

you can go private and pay for AZ
Can you provide any evidence for this? It is something I have been watching and what you are saying contradicts every news and government statement I have seen.

Various news media in the last few weeks I recall. Will Google and look for links

Could be it was private companies but certainly I've seen somewhere that it was available here and I even remember some friends getting it albeit wealthy connected friends

That article describes Astrazeneca being part of the Covax Facility, which is a WHO led program to assure equitable access to vaccines, the exact opposite of making it private and paid.

As for the Gontong Royong program for companies to buy the vaccine for employees, it has not yet begun. Here is an update from just 2 days ago, they are planning to start the private program (through companies) in May using the Sinopharm and Sputnik vaccines. https://www.cnnindonesia.com/ekonom.../kadin-mulai-vaksin-gotong-royong-bulan-depan

I don't doubt that some people have paid to cut the line, but I have not seen any official channel in Indonesia for people (or companies, yet) to pay for a prompt Covid vaccine.

Like I said all I heard was that AZ was available here beit unofficially or at a price

The official free jab from the govt is Sino

Ignore snpark, he doesn't know what he's talking about.

Currently, all Covid vaccination in Indonesia is free. The vast majority (by a ratio of about 50:1) is the Sinovac vaccine, while some parts of 7 provinces (Bali, NTT, Sulut, Jatim, DKI, Maluku and Kp. Riau) have AZ.

So if you are outside those 7, you get Sinovac for sure. If you are in those 7, your chances of getting AZ is still pretty small. In Bali, almost all vaccinations are Sinovac, except for some pockets in tourist areas (Sanur, Ubud, Nusa Dua).

On your official digital certificate, the vaccine maker is not noted. On the paper one, it is noted.

Yes, some wealthy/connected people may cut the line, but the vaccine itself is still free, and you can't choose what you get.

Could be it was private companies but certainly I've seen somewhere that it was available here and I even remember some friends getting it albeit wealthy connected friends
The private companies could register through KADIN (Chamber of Commerce) for shots and get vaccines for employees. I personally know a person who got a shot of Sinovac through this scheme, and this person is a well-connected individual. I do not know did the company pay or not for the vaccines.

Last edited:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stats
Back