El_Goretto

Cager
By popular demand, here is

A handy guide on
how to embed pictures
to your posts.

Like this:

6475047245_e64d3c5b72_z.jpg

There are 2 methods, depending on where the picture is: on your computer, or on the internet.

Method 1: if the picture is on your computer

Step 1:

Head over to https://postimage.org*

Step 2:

Click on Choose Images

Step_2.gif

Step 3:

Browse to where your picture is on your computer then double-click on it. The photo is uploaded automatically.

Step 4:

Click on the button like in the image to copy the image address. Make sure to pick "Direct Link" not "Thumbnail for forums" or anything else.

Step_4.gif

Step 5:

Back to the forum, when writing your post, type
without spaces. Whatever is in brackets is called a tag.

Like so:

[rcode]
Chuck_Norris.jpg
[/rcode]

Pay close attention to the front tag (or opening tag) and the tag at the end (or closing tag), as they are different.

Or alternatively:

In the tool bar above your post, click on the little image icon. Then paste the image link in the dialog that opens and click ok. If what you are pasting has the
tag at the end, remove the tags, they are redundant in this case.

Step_5_bis.gif

Step 6:

Finish your post, publish it by clicking the appropriate button at the bottom and profit!

Method 2:

Simply copy the image address from where you've found it by right clicking on it, then selecting "copy image address" (this differs from browser to browser but is usually similar).

Then follow Step 5 above.

*note: There are other services to quickly host images such as imgur.com but those are often blocked in Indonesia. At the writing of this post, ultraimg.com does not seem to be blocked.

Last edited:
I just tried posting a pic using
tags but it didn't work.... are those tags case sensitive?

In theory it shouldn't. What is the url (address) of the image you are trying to post?

Actually, I found your post where you couldn't post the image. The problem was with the image address because when I followed the link, it took me there.

What you put in between the tags must be the actual image address that finishes in .jpg, ,.gif or .png (for the most commons). On the link above, you need to click on "view image" and copy that address: https://secure.thementalmilitia.com/forums/Smileys/default/Popcorn.gif

Then you put in between your image tags and it will show up like so:
Popcorn.gif

Bummer!

Is it possible their problems are temporary, and they will restore functionality?

Bummer!

Is it possible their problems are temporary, and they will restore functionality?

I hope so but I've noticed some other problems with them lately. Sometimes their homepage doesn't load completely so it's not possible to upload an image. I also tried to look in their FAQ for information on upload expiration but none of their pages in the "About" section is working. Seems like it's not very reliable anymore. Maybe their admin is gone on a business trip and we need to wait 12 days?

I updated the tutorial.

I settled on postimg.org because it explicitly says that there is no expiration on photos. Also, there are fewer steps so it is easier :)

Terry, putting the links in a thread is fine but people will need to click it to see it. If you want your picture to show in the posting, place your link betweem (
) without the parenthesis and replacing "link" with the actual link. The link must end in jpg or whatever the photo file is.

Also, I recommend using postimage.org rather than ultraimg because ultraimg seems to have some kind of expiry date on uploaded pictures.

Also, I recommend using postimage.org rather than ultraimg because ultraimg seems to have some kind of expiry date on uploaded pictures.

Yes, I have been using postimage and seems to be working well. I noticed going to Terry's links that all embedded codes while they end in jpg, do not copy the jpg code part.

Postimage has a new interface and it seems the possibility of linking to an image web address has disappeared. Annoying to download first if you want to paste a web image.

Postimage has a new interface and it seems the possibility of linking to an image web address has disappeared. Annoying to download first if you want to paste a web image.

really?
I just used it but I click on the hotlink for forums
IMG_5960.jpg
[/URL]post a picture[/IMG]

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsabouttimebc
Back