How to apply for Visit Visa /Sosbud/ Telex visa (ITK)

Unebano

The immigration update today says that those with Free Visa (BVK) can now apply for "telex" visa online and do not need to leave the country, presumably if the telex visa is approved.
My question is how does one do this from here? The website is https://visa-online.imigrasi.go.id. Can one of my relatives who has a KITAS register online and apply for a Visit Visa for me? Don't think this is possible as during registration it asks for Family certificate etc. which seems like a local document.
OR does it have to be an Indonesian citizen? I don't have anyone who is close to me to do this but I can try. What documents would this person need from so that they can apply?
OR can I go to Imigrasi and apply for telex visa for ITK there?

R Cameron

Charter Member
Cager
You need an Indonesian to be your sponsor, if you have no local friends, you should contact a visa agent.

Unebano

I contacted an agent - they need 5million for the visa and also a fee for each time (after two months) to extend. Is it better/easy to request some local acquantaince? Or the agent is the safer option given no margin for errors in this situation (i.e., I have to exit by 11 August and absolutely no flights at the moment to go home for me - Can't go to a third country as need visa which is not available right now)

snpark

Cager
Thats the right price roughly, for SOSBUD, better to get it done professionally with someone who knows the rules

R Cameron

Charter Member
Cager
The price sounds a little high, but well within a normal range, especially given the circumstances in which they know you have limited options. Make sure the price for extensions is clearly established, and I should think much less than the initial 5 million. If you are in Bali or Jakarta there are many different agents you could get more quotes, but I would be surprised if you could much below 4 million.

If you have made a genuine friendship with a local person, then that could be a good alternative, but, for multiple reasons, I would not consider asking that of a mere acquaintance.

Unebano

Thank you for the help! I will sleep better this weekend.

The agent (I'm in Jakarta by the way) brought the price down to 3.5 million maybe because I went silent for a few hours!! So I've asked him to go ahead. For the extensions I've told him I'll pay for transport if he has to come to immigration but honestly I'm getting out when I can. Love this country and all but time to head back after 4.5 months here already.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Activity

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Online Now

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oxyfilters
Top Bottom