How about consolidating all vehicle related topics into one sub-group

vocalneal

Cager
Mobil Rayak (spelling) currently in News
For sale currently in Classifieds etc.
Sepeda motor
Etc.

Motoring In Indonesia ? Or Indonesia Motoring Forum

If I was posting my car for sale, I would certainly prefer my own tread in a cars for sale category, rather than submerged in a gear-head chatter thread.

Looking at the current sub-forums offered, I think "Vehicles and Transportation" (including the airplane and boat discussions?) would be a fitting new sub-forum. On the other hand, if you make too many sub-forums the General Chat one becomes desolate.

Doesn't matter to me though, the bookmark I use to get here just goes straight to the "New Posts" link so I never pay any mind to the categories.

There already is a classified section for vehicles.

As for a sub-forum about "vehicles and transports", we will have to discuss it with the team. Our goal, from the beginning, was to limit the number of sub-forums.

However, as a poster, I can see the merit of having such section.

I suppose we could have the following threads in it:

- mobil rakyat mega thread
- Jamie's unfortunate car accident thread
- the online taxi safety thread
- the few recent taxi threads

And that's only for the last few.

What do you think? More opinions on this would be appreciated.

There already is a classified section for vehicles.

As for a sub-forum about "vehicles and transports", we will have to discuss it with the team. Our goal, from the beginning, was to limit the number of sub-forums.

However, as a poster, I can see the merit of having such section.

I suppose we could have the following threads in it:

- mobil rakyat mega thread
- Jamie's unfortunate car accident thread
- the online taxi safety thread
- the few recent taxi threads

And that's only for the last few.

What do you think? More opinions on this would be appreciated.
If it's vehicles and transportation it could also include the "Aviation Info" thread. The recent ferry sinking, first class train, and passengers jumping out of the Lion plane threads could fit also, but they also fit well in News where they currently are.

I agree with limiting the number of sub-forums, though this topic probably comes up more than pets and animals which has it's own sub-forum, so arguably this deserves one also.

As for a sub-forum about "vehicles and transports"

I was thinking more about cars and motorcycles not transport in general like say boats or taxis or aircraft unless someone has one and is offering rides! Motoring in Indonesia does not indicate any other form of transport. It depends of course on forum demographics. Maybe no one is interested in driving or riding or Indonesia as such does not lend itself well to the enjoyment of such pursuits.

I was simply thinking. Some very specific forums tend to have one catch all General topic.

I like a "Vehicles and Transportation" category. Certainly quite a few posts could go out of General into that.

Vehicles for sale should remain in classifieds however.

In the same vein Jokes, Memes etc should all be in the same category.

I was thinking more about cars and motorcycles not transport in general like say boats or taxis or aircraft unless someone has one and is offering rides! Motoring in Indonesia does not indicate any other form of transport. It depends of course on forum demographics. Maybe no one is interested in driving or riding or Indonesia as such does not lend itself well to the enjoyment of such pursuits.

I was simply thinking. Some very specific forums tend to have one catch all General topic.

The "transport" would give the category a utilitarian feel. I was thinking more the joy of the open road stuff. But maybe demographically the members here are not into that form of joy.

Not much joy to be had on Indonesian roads, just sayin

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

No members online now.

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsabouttimebc