House Mortgage

Stefanie

Hello...how do you do....i am a newbie...hehehe...just wondering if someone has any advice regarding a house mortgage for a mix marriage? I am currently a 100% housewife and just realized that we need a permanent house...we would like to get a mortgage but seems most banks not allowed a housewife a mortgage, especially for limited downpayment...probably they think all expats are wealthy...hehehe...anyway, any good advice are welcome...thank you so much in advance xxx

Hi Stefanie, welcome to the forum!

Just to confirm and to help others answer you:
- So you are the Indonesian spouse and 100% housewife, correct?
- Is your expat husband working?
- Is your husband on a spousal KITAS/KITAP or company sponsored?
- Do you have a prenuptial agreement that states separation of assets?
- Which banks have you contacted so far?

Hi Stefanie.

Although the government announced they would lower the loan-to-value ratio I don't think it ever went into effect. So that would mean the down payment is still 30% for the first house.

There are solutions for mixed marriages aimed at WNA's providing the funds with WNI's under contract. I remember seeing those with people banking at BCA and Panin.

There are 'right of use' solutions (Hai Pakai) with Commonweath Bank for instance but they assume a working WNA with some other requirements as well. Obviously if the WNI has a steady job and enough income, there is no issue whatsoever.

Yes, im an indonesian spouse whom currently being a housewife. My husband is working with kitas.we hv the prenupt agreement which we thought will help the problem like this but apparently not....hehehe... We asked an agent re banks such as bca, mandiri, panin.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Les 819
Back