Home inspection services

rabbit_39

Charter Member
Cager
Dear all, does anyone know if there are home inspection services in Indonesia when one buys a house? I would like to ensure that the house is up to code, wiring is done properly according to Indonesian electrical code (yes they have one, called PUIL 2011 :D), etc.

Thank you!

jstar

Mr. 10,000
I don't think you can really call it an 'electrical code'. It's more a complete 700 page electrician education handbook. Which nobody ever read.

At first I had a friend from my home country come over to inspect, he's certified electrician and plumber and teaches at a technical school as well. Easy to plan with all these school holidays and with that inspection report it was possible to bring most 'up to code'.

After I realized there were simply no electricians here who (can) do a flawless installation and practically everything needed to be redone anyway, for the next I completely gave up beforehand on the existing cabling and plumbing of the houses and had the person supervise and check the new installation. Of course then I got a installation compliant to western standards.

To arrange all that logistically it costed me approx. €3.500, also including the learning curve (obviously certain materials are not available here or they don't know how to use certain tools). And he had free vacations.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Activity

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
haneiter
Top Bottom