Hi

Yin

Is anyone know or had an experience been in immigration of makassar then they put you in house of detention makassar in gowa, is they treat foreigners bad as now today? I had bf there. They not let me to call him they took his phone and everything not even let foreigner smoking or drink coffee, they been lock for all time in shitty room.
While I confirm to the house of detention they lied to me said can call for an hour but that's not the truth, please anyone who have information let me know...

R Cameron

Charter Member
Cager
Your boyfriend is a foreigner in Indonesia being held in detention by immigration officials? Is he sick with Covid19 or similar symptoms? Is he charged with an immigration violation? What is the reason for the detention?

Yin

No he not sick, theres an American, Papua and Chinese too waiting for their deportation, my bf already served for what he did and also same with others citizen, the problem is as my bf once said to me on the phone which they allowed for 10-15mins, one guy (officer) ever asked and talked about money but my bf afraid to paid them incase they lied just took money and still locked him up, and the American citizen told my bf they were free can smoking and buying coffee, there coffee shop inside until my bf arrived, they all locked now.
I made a report which the house of detention replied to me that they did that because afraid if the foreigner will run away, what a shit reason is that? Where they will run while all their stuff, passport etc been hold by the officer also because of this covid everybody not free especially in makassar, nobody can pass the road without being checked.
I asked the detention if they will take the responsibility if the foreigner get sick because what they did to them? They just said they gave the foreigners vitamin,which I don't know it's truth or not...because many times they lied to me.
My bf so stressed told me he can't wait to be deportation because he can't pup since he's there he worried he will get sick because of constipated.
I just don't know what to do, I feel so bad for those foreigners there.. I asked the officer if there's a law from goverment those foreigner must be locked like prison then show me wheres the law? Officer can't answer me because there's no law for that I'm sure, they just did what they wanted.
Today Monday usually it's time for the phone call, but no..the officer not let them make phone call. How family's and friends cannot contact them? What law is that? This is not prison time, it's waiting time for them to wait for Corona passed and flight out from Indo..

Yin

I don't think embassy would care, I also sent an email to embassy of Papua, china and US in Jakarta but no reply yet.

scouser59

Charter Member
Cager
I think the embassy is worth contacting by telephone if you have no email reply ,it would seem your best solution ,or if funds are available an immigration lawyer locally may be useful . May i know the nationality of your bf ? and his offense bcs this will relate to his treatment by immigration .

Yin

He's Bulgaria and because did some mistake cut the neighbour tree and been in jail, we asked embassy to help for some guarantee letter after few months in jail but the embassy can't help. Especially now the office of detention will tell nice words if people just asking, like they told me while I confirm to my bf he said they lied, they been lock 23hrs a day inside jail only 1hr can watch TV, the goverment need to go check on it..but ya it's Indonesia goverment I can't expect much... So nobody here ever been detention house? I think Bali or Jakarta be nicer than makassar.

scouser59

Charter Member
Cager
Hmm ok so hes in jail for a criminal offence , not immigration detention , the only thing I can suggest is a good local lawyer ,maybe others here on this forum may have better knowledge than I , sorry.

R Cameron

Charter Member
Cager
did some mistake cut the neighbor tree and been in jail
There must be more to this story, either you are not telling us, or your boyfriend is not telling you.

If your boyfriend was rightly jailed and is awaiting deportation, he should be thankful he is in a detention house rather than a jail. He should not expect to be let free while awaiting criminal deportation, though it is unfortunate that this occurred at the same time as Covid travel restrictions.

If he was not rightly jailed, that is a different matter, and should have been addressed much closer to the time of the supposed crime.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Activity

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IndoSteph
Top Bottom