Hello

Not tonight Adele. Sorry luv. I've got a headache

I am managing a travel in Lombok, specialize in providing premium holiday packages in Lombok and Sumbawa.
Liveaboarding and exploring excluded islands is my passion.
Premium for me means privacy, not luxury.
I you go to Paris for holiday (not cheap to go to Paris from Jakarta) but all you do is shopping all day, that's not luxury nor holiday , but if you go to excluded island and you can do things you have been dreaming of all your life, that is luxury.
Luxury in holiday is in the experience.

That sounds interesting, I've wanted to go on a liveaboard in or around NTT, Flores or Sumbawa etc. But the travel to get there sounds horribly complicated (and expensive)

If you’d go shopping in Paris and buy loads in the Hermès, LV and Chanel shops, that’s rather luxurious to me.

And premium holiday packages often end up in having huge amount of people (read: servants) arranging everything for you. (A la ironing the newspaper, see Burj.) Not something I’m personally that interested in.

NTT and eastern parts of NTB etc. are the areas you’d better visit NOW. In a couple of years it’s amazingly touristic, it already started (weirdly enough there are rather big Italian enclaves).

That sounds interesting, I've wanted to go on a liveaboard in or around NTT, Flores or Sumbawa etc. But the travel to get there sounds horribly complicated (and expensive)

Yes totally agree, the price of liveaboarding across Indonesia is indeed expensive but for one good reason, PMA (foreign Company) that's the keyword for it. I worked for a phinisi boat before and I know why foreign investor ended up paying a lot of money to start a business here, not just to get the permit etc but there is still long list to go.
This not just for Labuan Bajo only but everywhere.
PM me if you are interested going or get a free consultation.

If you’d go shopping in Paris and buy loads in the Hermès, LV and Chanel shops, that’s rather luxurious to me.

And premium holiday packages often end up in having huge amount of people (read: servants) arranging everything for you. (A la ironing the newspaper, see Burj.) Not something I’m personally that interested in.

NTT and eastern parts of NTB etc. are the areas you’d better visit NOW. In a couple of years it’s amazingly touristic, it already started (weirdly enough there are rather big Italian enclaves).
If you still can buy Hermes at a boutique in Paris, that is not luxury, it is a branded items. Luxury is about 4 things : Timelessness, Story, Scarcity and Social Cachet.

Buying a watch that only produced in small quantity is scarcity, but buying Hermes or Chanel that are produced in many quantites in a boutique is not luxury, it simply means you buy a branded item. Something that many people still can access to or buy for.

Premium to me means privacy not sharing with lots of people, if I take you to a secluded island somewhere in Lesser Sunda Islands with a chartered boat (just you) and I leave you there for a day with no one in the island, is that not Privacy or an experience or even luxury ?, something that you can not get in ordinary holiday, that's scarcity.

The cheaper to get to Labuan Bajo from Jakarta :

1. Fly to Lombok then you can either go by boat from here to Labuan Bajo. They usually charge for IDR 1,6-1,7 mil for one way trip includes meals. The boat make several stops on beautiful islands such as Moyo and Satonda

2. There are several companies offering a coach bus from Lombok to Labuan Bajo.

3. Or if you are backpacker, from Lombok catch a coach bus to Sumbawa Besar for around IDR 170K or Damri IDR 90K, then from Sumbawa Besar catch a bus to Bima for around IDR 75k then from Bima to Sape port for around IDR 25rb and a ferry to Labuah Bajo around IDR 60k

All is much cheaper than the flight from Bali or Jakarta to Labuan Bajo.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsabouttimebc
Back