Hello from an American Newbie

micharelcly

I was born and raised in Michigan but lived in Florida for the past 10 years. I moved to Indonesia in March to be with my Indonesian wife. We were married in December and currently live in Jakarta. We will be moving to W. Kalimantan soon—Directly south of Kuching Malaysia, close to the border. After 6 months and a lot of adjustment, I decided the support from this group would be great thing. Thanks for having me.

Welcome. Say hello to the Dayaks for me:doh: your chosen home sounds a bit remote?

Welcome aboard - plenty of old (and young) hands willing to help/advise. Your contributions welcome too - we'd love to hear about your life in Kalimantan when you relocate.

Welcome. My wife warned me many years ago, not just to be careful of upsetting the Dayak... but also their magic for making a man fall in love.

Welcome from a West coast expat with 2 years under my belt up here in manado. We havent spent much time in w. Kalimantan, so scout it out for us and than invite us over lol.

Welcome! Any friends or property left behind in Florida? If so, have you heard how they withstood Irma?

(We have friends that just bought a working farm with a zillion chickens, goats, dogs and cats, and an active farm cooperative that markets out of their property ... thankfully, they were drenched but not much else; no loss of livestock and the market is open again this week.)

Welcome. My wife warned me many years ago, not just to be careful of upsetting the Dayak... but also their magic for making a man fall in love.

When I worked in Mirri Sarawak, a friend of mine had an IBan girl friend, he decided, Foolishly, that he should finish it, so he told her to leave his house, anyway next day she was back with the family, they decided that she should stay, or else, so last I heard she was still with him

I can't recall seeing reports of expats living there, but always interested in new adventures!

Hope it works out well.

Welcome! I lived in Balikpapan, East Kalimantan as a kid. Regrettably my only experience with West Kalimantan was gazing down on it from an airplane window on flights to and from Singapore, and all I remember is jungle, lots of jungle. If you have any and are up for sharing, I'd like to see photos of some inhabited areas so I won't be left wondering what was down there.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nadeeshaf
Back