Hello Everyone

AhhSamboi

Not quite sure how to introduce myself. Umm I'm an American married to an Indonesian who stumbled here trying to figure out why his application was taking so much longer than what the imigrasi and their website said it would take.

Also recently discovered that we would be taxes on income from outside the country. Which is crazy as I would be taxed by 3 different countries at the same time 😂

Anywho nice to make your acquaintance.

jukung11

Cager
Americans have a Foreign Earned Income Exclusion of $108,700. The United States also gives a Foreign Tax Credit for any taxes paid to other governments.
My understanding is MoF Regulation 192 for Indonesia also gives a foreign tax credit for foreign taxes paid.
Because the tax brackets are very similar between the United States and Indonesia, you likely won't be double taxed, but if you are, it should be minimal. I don't know about the 3rd country, but most countries that a person earns an income from, tax that income. You may want to consider hiring an accountant.

Welcome to the forum.

AhhSamboi

Americans have a Foreign Earned Income Exclusion of $108,700. The United States also gives a Foreign Tax Credit for any taxes paid to other governments.
My understanding is MoF Regulation 192 for Indonesia also gives a foreign tax credit for foreign taxes paid.
Because the tax brackets are very similar between the United States and Indonesia, you likely won't be double taxed, but if you are, it should be minimal. I don't know about the 3rd country, but most countries that a person earns an income from, tax that income. You may want to consider hiring an accountant.

Welcome to the forum.
Much thanks for the welcome and the info. Luckily I've been below that threshold. Malaysia would be the third country. They take about 30% depending if I'm in the country 180 days a year or not. Waiting for my kitas to finish processing to see which tax I'll have to pay this year.

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

No members online now.

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mash kof