Hello everyone!

Wandi

Hi everyone.

My name is Wandi, and I’m a newcomer here. This is my very first post which I think it’s a lot better if I introduce myself first before post another thing.

I’m a 45 years old local, and living in Jakarta Barat near Puri Indah or TV Station, RCTI. Married and have children. I’m a person with a disability (amputated leg), but still able to do anything. I just quit from my previous company for some reasons, so at this moment I am unemployed.

And right now, I’m seeking all the opportunities available and helping my parents cleaning up their house to pass the time. I’m graduated from Mechanical Engineering focusing on Program Management. So if anyone of you needs a freelancer, I’m available.

I guess this is all for now, hehe I’m always not good at introducing myself, thank you. Feel free to contact me. I have the whole time in the world.

Wandi

Hello. Nice to meet you.
I used to get around your way occasionally, to the Puri Indah Mall. I didn't really see a whole lot of the area other than the mall, unless the GPS was being naughty, but it seemed nice. Is that where you are originally from?

I'm from... the southeastern parts of the U.S. We moved a fair bit when I was a kid, but Texas and North Carolina are where I spent the most time.

Any hobbies apart from mechanically engineering project management and the related field of child care?

Hello. Nice to meet you.
I used to get around your way occasionally, to the Puri Indah Mall. I didn't really see a whole lot of the area other than the mall, unless the GPS was being naughty, but it seemed nice. Is that where you are originally from?

I'm from... the southeastern parts of the U.S. We moved a fair bit when I was a kid, but Texas and North Carolina are where I spent the most time.

Any hobbies apart from mechanically engineering project management and the related field of child care?
Nice to meet you too HappyMan

Yes, I live at the opposite of that Mall, across the Toll. It's a housing complex called Taman Meruya Ilir. This is my parent's house actually. I just hang around for a while here doing some stuff. Although I used to live here in 1994 until 2003 where I moved to Bali for work. Then after I moved back to Jakarta, I lived in Cibubur with my family.

Texas is a nice place. I saw San Antonio on TV, very tidy and clean. Especially the river. Damn, I wish Jakarta can make and utilize the river as they did. I saw that because I used to be SA Spurs fans, but since they let go Kawhi, I change my team. Everywhere he goes, I will be that team's fans hehe.

So yes, basketball is one of my hobbies in sport. I still can play, at least for fun hehe. Then swimming is my second hobby in sport. The rest, I can participate but not really addicted. Such as badminton, ping pong (table tennis), etc. But in this pandemic situation, it's kinda hard to find a court and players to play.
Then I like board games and cards. The most that I like are scrabble and Capsun (a stack-up poker game). If you play poker, you should learn to play Capsun. A poker game with strategy, not just luck.
And for computer games, since I'm considered an old-timer, so I play old games too. Like Stronghold, PES, or NBA 2k. I don't play ML, Fortnite, or those kinds of games. Just too lazy to practice my fingers and my brain for it.

Nice to meet you too HappyMan

Yes, I live at the opposite of that Mall, across the Toll. It's a housing complex called Taman Meruya Ilir. This is my parent's house actually. I just hang around for a while here doing some stuff. Although I used to live here in 1994 until 2003 where I moved to Bali for work. Then after I moved back to Jakarta, I lived in Cibubur with my family.

Texas is a nice place. I saw San Antonio on TV, very tidy and clean. Especially the river. Damn, I wish Jakarta can make and utilize the river as they did. I saw that because I used to be SA Spurs fans, but since they let go Kawhi, I change my team. Everywhere he goes, I will be that team's fans hehe.

So yes, basketball is one of my hobbies in sport. I still can play, at least for fun hehe. Then swimming is my second hobby in sport. The rest, I can participate but not really addicted. Such as badminton, ping pong (table tennis), etc. But in this pandemic situation, it's kinda hard to find a court and players to play.
Then I like board games and cards. The most that I like are scrabble and Capsun (a stack-up poker game). If you play poker, you should learn to play Capsun. A poker game with strategy, not just luck.
And for computer games, since I'm considered an old-timer, so I play old games too. Like Stronghold, PES, or NBA 2k. I don't play ML, Fortnite, or those kinds of games. Just too lazy to practice my fingers and my brain for it.
well I play badminton every saturday 10 am in Kebayoran lama hehe
feel free to come Pak :)
I'm not that young too, but I love calling everybody here Pak because I know you're all have more experiences than me (of course it makes me feel young too)

so Welcome!!!!

hehehe, it's okay, you can call me Pak or even just Wandi. Both are good to me.

And thank you for the invitation Pauline, I'd love to play with you one day. Even just for fun, because I can play but not really good, especially when doing smash, always caught by the net hehehe.
So where Kebayoran Lama is the court? Ciledug? Ciputat?

hehehe, it's okay, you can call me Pak or even just Wandi. Both are good to me.

And thank you for the invitation Pauline, I'd love to play with you one day. Even just for fun, because I can play but not really good, especially when doing smash, always caught by the net hehehe.
So where Kebayoran Lama is the court? Ciledug? Ciputat?
I'll leave my thread here

so the one in Kebayoran lama on Saturday
will be tomorrow :)

Okay, Pauline, noted.
I will find a good time to come and play. But tomorrow I can't, cause I attending my cousin's wedding plan meeting. Thanks for the info.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cloudcat
Back