Happy Thanksgiving to our American posters

Puspawarna

Cager
There are not too many of us, but here's best wishes to everyone anyway. I hope everyone has at least a little something to be thankful for. It's been a tough year for sure. Happy Thanksgiving anyway, and have a second helping of mashed potatoes if you can - they are great comfort food!

(My menu for my small household: pickled beet eggs, pimento cheese-stuffed peppers, lemon-thyme chicken, apple-sage stuffing, Dutch gravy, mashed potatoes with sweet potato leaves, candied sweet potatoes, lychee-strawberry tart, apple-almond tart, and rosella tea. Why yes, I have been spending the last couple of days cooking. Why do you ask?)

Last edited:

harryopal

Charter Member
Gee, yes. It has been a tough year and from your menu you are clearly undernourished. Would you like us to make up a food package? But then how to get it to you?

Ohh well, happy thanksgiving anyway.

Nimbus

Charter Member
Cager
Happy thanksgiving!

I used to be so tired of visiting and eating turkey that for several years I served king crabs for our own little dinner. This time we’re a lot more mainstream, because my mother-in-law is here and the boss wants to give her a traditional American experience.

We got folks who can make some mean rendang, but know very little about which end of the turkey goes to which side of the oven. Thankfully Butterball sells fully cooked young turkeys. I picked up some green beans caserole, glazed carrots, sweet potato souffle, noodles with chicken gravy, chester potatoes, sage stuffing, and four kinds of pies. That ought to do it.

Missnaughty

Charter Member
Cager
Happy Thanksgiving ya'll. Greetings from Texas here! I am having Ayam Taliwang today. Ordered from one of Popular Indonesian Catering here in Houston. Yum!! I don't really like Turkey.. :(((

Puspawarna

Cager
Aloha from Hawai'i Missnaughty! Are you surviving the pandemic situation okay?

Missnaughty

Charter Member
Cager
Aloha from Hawai'i Missnaughty! Are you surviving the pandemic situation okay?
Hi Pupsa! I live in Texas and yes... I survived! Just recovered from Covid actually.. Well, Texans don't believe mask help... ...so, I just need to try to stay alive ... How is Hawaii? Is it close for foreign visitors?

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Activity

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
farid8
Top Bottom