Happy New Year 2018

El_Goretto

Cager
I wish everyone a Happy New Year 2018 full of happiness, peace and prosperity!

2017 was pretty crap by all accounts, what would you like to be different for 2018?

As we enter the election campaign, I, for one would like to see a more critical thinking population so as to get a peaceful election not tainted by religious and racist cheap shots.

As we enter the election campaign, I, for one would like to see a more critical thinking population so as to get a peaceful election not tainted by religious and racist cheap shots.
Unfortunately this won't come in a year. Perhaps more a generation. Or two. It starts with Education, both the one given by parents and the one provided by school. It gives you an idea of the problem.
The majority of the people will continue to vote for candidates who buy , one way or another, their vote.

In 2018 I wish the turkeys to be bigger. I have a 5 kg turkey for lunch and I am afraid it won't be enough.

For the rest, no special wishes: whatever happen, we will manage.

Happy new year to all our forum users.

As a Scot, but having lived 90% of my life outside Scotland, I still find the 'hogmanay' tradition of 'first-footing' is in the best interest of humanity and society.
That's why getting on with friends, staff, neighbours and yes...even enemies...should be cordial and amiable at New Year...at least until the hangover wears off.
SO...with that demeanor in mind I wish all mods, members and lurkers a Happy and Fruitful New Year and 'lang may yer lums reek.'

We hosted a 'hogmanay' party last night and watched, from our balcony, millions of kampung Indonesians celebrate 2018 with an amazing spontaneous fireworks display.

If the thought of all those happy people wasn't tearful enough our friends hugged me tightly as they realized this may be my last 'hogmanay'....indeed, my doctor said I shouldn't plan to celebrate this one but, mind over matter, an immune system that wont give up, a good attitude.... coupled with lots of herbal tea, wine and beer.... and a loving caring wife...I prevailed.

BTW for New Year I wore my new two-tone leather/denim shoes, much to my wife's chagrin as she thinks they are too 'gay' for me. I disagree......I think I define GQ....
https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=GQ!!!!!

Happy New Year to those in this thread too.
What would I like to see different?
I kinda gave up giving a fk when the US voted that orange blob in. Says a lot for the way the world is heading- the thin veneer of people giving a fk has pretty much shattered & it appears to be a free for all.

1,I hope to see less terrorism, but I know that is a pie in the sky hope.
2, I hope to see some balances redressed... (see 1)

My New Year started with my lil dog convulsing and his tongue turning blue & me (at 6 am) having to revive him , luckily I did not have to perform mouth to mouth on him. I think he had choked on vomit or something. So really the year can only get better... can't it?

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

No members online now.

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stats