Hammock for sale

Puspawarna

Cager
Selling a hammock that we bought about 5-6 years ago from a high-end furniture shop on Jl. Kemang Timur...it's weathered now, but still extremely sturdy and comfy. Rp 300,000, and it's up to you to come get it (we live in Kebayoran Baru).

Damn, can't seem to make the photo upload - but here is a link to it on flickr:

Hah, I guess just posting the link worked! Okay, that'll do. :)

300k? Bargin. I'd buy it..... but I'm moving too....13 weeks left.

Last edited:
300k? Bargin. I'd but it..... but I'm moving too....13 weeks left.

Yep, bargain price for sure - I think we paid something stupid like 6 or 8 juta for it. But I'm selling it now as a sort of experiment, to see how long it takes to move well-priced goods. Come November we will have a TON of things to sell, and I'd like to have a sense in advance of how hard it will be.

In the old days, things would be sold within the hour of being posted on Upper Crust. I don't think it's like that now.

Are you selling anything, or taking most stuff with you?

Selling most of it.* (Or giving away)

Moving to Europe, so really only want to ship clothes, books, toys and some personal knick knacks and pictures.

*2 cars and 12 years of furniture

Yep, bargain price for sure - I think we paid something stupid like 6 or 8 juta for it. But I'm selling it now as a sort of experiment, to see how long it takes to move well-priced goods. Come November we will have a TON of things to sell, and I'd like to have a sense in advance of how hard it will be.

In the old days, things would be sold within the hour of being posted on Upper Crust. I don't think it's like that now.

Are you selling anything, or taking most stuff with you?

Have you tried advertising on any of the facebook groups for 2nd hand stuff in Jakarta? It seems to be the place to offload items (although I haven't actually sold anything myself - but friends of mine in Jakarta have somewhat successfully).
There are quite a few different groups - two that I am a member of are Jakarta Buy and sell and Jakarta Expat Marketplace.

Best of luck with all the preparations you have coming up with your move!

God damn it if you were in manado I'd be on my bike right now picking it up.

Sorry to see you two go, you really mean it when selling up, hope you both keep in touch

Does it come apart into smaller pieces for shipping Pusp?

My friend wishes to buy it & will be in touch with you Pusp.

Does it come apart into smaller pieces for shipping Pusp?

It did when it was new, but I think the bolts have fused - my recollection is that when we moved from Pondok Indah to Kebayoran Baru, the movers thought about taking it apart, and decided to move it as is.

I'm not sure if my friend got in touch or not- but the fact that it cannot be dismantled is a problem. Sorry :(

I'm not sure if my friend got in touch or not- but the fact that it cannot be dismantled is a problem. Sorry :(
I can just see it being manhandled on a motorbike heading down the road!

It looks nice, Puspa! I bought a lot of stuff on Facebook expat groups. Quite a few flakes, so set up good “reserve” this item policy. Lots of professional resellers too.

I would like to buy it, but will not be in town until June. I suppose it has to go before mid-June.

I would like to buy it, but will not be in town until June. I suppose it has to go before mid-June.

Actually no, I don't need to sell it until November. I do have a buyer lined up (not BA's friend who has changed her mind, another person who expressed interest), but if they back out you are welcome to it.

Since I'm leaving in May and my husband (who will stay in the house until Dec 3) doesn't ever use the hammock, I decided to sell it now just to see how difficult it will be to sell stuff. In November we will have a TON of furniture, appliances, and so on to sell and give away. Stay tuned...

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you tried advertising on any of the facebook groups for 2nd hand stuff in Jakarta? It seems to be the place to offload items (although I haven't actually sold anything myself - but friends of mine in Jakarta have somewhat successfully).
There are quite a few different groups - two that I am a member of are Jakarta Buy and sell and Jakarta Expat Marketplace.

Best of luck with all the preparations you have coming up with your move!

Thanks for the suggestions. I avoid FB as a general matter - but I suspect I could make a temporary exception in the interests of selling stuff.

waaaaa, that's a cool hammock. but I don't have the space in my house. .. well if you will have a garage sell in November I'd be interested to see :)
the group in FB , tho I saw some success stories, but it also has the unpleasant stories. I personally has never bought from there. but I have bought some stuffs from this forum members.

Actually no, I don't need to sell it until November. I do have a buyer lined up (not BA's friend who has changed her mind, another person who expressed interest), but if they back out you are welcome to it.

Since I'm leaving in May and my husband (who will stay in the house until Dec 3) doesn't ever use the hammock, I decided to sell it now just to see how difficult it will be to sell stuff. In November we will have a TON of furniture, appliances, and so on to sell and give away. Stay tuned...

Thanks for the update. Am I reading correctly that you are planning to saddle your husband with the bulk of the furniture disposal task after your May departure? If that's the case, could we check out the offerings in July? (We are traveling here and there most of the June part of our summer visit.)

Thanks for the update. Am I reading correctly that you are planning to saddle your husband with the bulk of the furniture disposal task after your May departure? If that's the case, could we check out the offerings in July? (We are traveling here and there most of the June part of our summer visit.)

You are welcome to check things out in July - yes, you'll need to coordinate with Mr. Puspa as I won't be around then. However, I do plan to come back for 30 days (length of a VOA!), approximately the month of November, to help with the dismantling of the house.

Will check with you on the address and other coordination details via PM when it gets closer to garage sale time.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

No members online now.

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Les 819