Gili islands Closed For Two weeks

Vanhelsing

Cager
“We temporarily closed the entrance to Gili to ensure that the destination was free of the Coronavirus,” NTB Governor H Zulkieflimansyah said.

According to the NTB Governor, so far the three Gili areas have always been filled with both foreign and domestic tourists. In particular, foreign tourists who come through Bali.

“Because in Bali there have been found positive cases of coronavirus, we have closed all three Gili accesses,” he said.

There are a few of us now wondering what happens if we're restricted in our movements in regard to visa overstay issues. Surely, hopefully, common sense must prevail.

No amnesty, 1jt a day fine, so get out and get back ASAP. SG already closed. KL likely to close soon. No emergency extensions either

Wow, I just spent a week on Gili Air with the family. We came in through Bangsal Harbour on Lombok. Seems like that is now closed also.

Egypt PM has just issued a decree suspending All Flights from/to Egypt airports commencing Thurs. 19th March noon time and until 31st March.

Two young English girls in the next room are at the end of their visa with apparently few options left other than to head back to the UK as they're unable to enter any of the countries they'd planned to visit. A German couple were also flying to Singapore, had to change their flight to Malaysia and are now also thinking about heading home.

Riding through Kuta, Lombok, this morning saw vastly fewer westerners in the town centre. Personally, I've decided to hunker down for the next few weeks in a guesthouse on the outskirts to do a same day return from Australia when this visa is up, preferring to spend another month or two on the islands - if I can get back in at that time, of course.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nadeeshaf
Back