• We have just upgraded to Xenforo 2.1. We still have a few things to iron out while the forum is live. If you see any bug, please let us know. Any question? Feel free to ask.
  • We have done a little bit of house cleaning with the forums and certain threads.

Read more about it here.

Getting KTP for KITAP

Expat2018

Hi All,

Are there any expats living in Bali on here??

I have been married for 4 years to my Indonesian wife and have held KITAS for those 4 years. I would love to get my KITAP this year.

We live in Bali but I have heard that I will not be able to get it because my wife does not have a Bali KTP which is one of the documents required for the process.

Apparently you can only get a Bali KTP if you are a true Balinese or if my wife owns her own house in Bali.

Firstly, is this true or has other people heard similar stories?

Secondly, is there any ways around this?

Thanks all,

Jordy

dafluff

Cager
Apparently you can only get a Bali KTP if you are a true Balinese or if my wife owns her own house in Bali
This onerous requirement is set by the local villages (banjar), and is not based in any law in Indonesia. However, they have wide discretion in issuing Surat Domisili, and this is your first stop before moving a KTP address.

Usually the banjar is happy to see a long term rental contract (yearly), as does having lived in Bali for several years. Basically this "rule" is done to discriminate against transient workers. So it's best to check with the local banjar to see what their rule is. They may even have exceptions for people who are clearly not transient workers.

Now with the e-KTP and the issue of Presidential Decree 96/2018, the issuance of e-KTP no longer requires a Surat Domisili from village level government. So maybe swing by your local Catatan Sipil and see if they are already implementing this new regulation, and they can change your address. They still require a letter from the originating Catatan Sipil however, and a Kartu Keluarga.

PERATURAN PRESIDEN REPUBLIK INDONESIA NOMOR 96 TAHUN 2018 TENTANG PERSYARATAN DAN TATA CARA PENDAFTARAN PENDUDUK DAN PENCATATAN SIPIL

Pasal 17
(1) Penerbitan KTP-el karena pindah datang bagi Penduduk WNI dalam wilayah Negara Kesatuan Republik Indonesia harus memenuhi persyaratan:
a. surat keterangan pindah dari Disdukcapil Kabupatenf Kota atau UPT Disdukcapil​
KabupatenlKota daerah asal; dan​
b. KK.​

Jamu

Charter Member
Cager
When I applied for Kitap last December, the requirements list shown to me by immigration in Renon, Denpasar (photo below), indicated that the spouse sponsor required a Bali KTP. In our case, my wife was able to obtain a Bali KTP because she owns land here. However, as the property is in a different Banjar to where we live, she also had to show a Surat Domisili to confirm our current address.
IMG-7946.jpg

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Activity

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eliz61
Top Bottom