Germany preparing for imminent attack or war

How would Indonesia plan for the same thing. Stock up ten days of nasi and stockpile dried ikan?

In the kampung:
We have a well & candles & try to grow our own food & luckily the surrounding fields are full of veggies & crops.
We have chickens that lay eggs.
So I figure we would be halfway there to self-sufficiency.

In the city:
You'd be shafted.

In the city:
You'd be shafted.

I lived in a city during WW2......on tripe and onions. That was when I was young and had not developed a gourmet taste for culinary delights like fish and chips...:hungry:

They already stockpile some in the north cos of the yearly floods. Not sure about the southerners. :D

How would Indonesia plan for the same thing. Stock up ten days of nasi and stockpile dried ikan?

I mean, will there be panic buying? Or will it be largely ignored? Food & water for ten days is not so difficult, we always have them including petrol for generator and LPG in 12kg tanks for cooking/baking (in case, gas & electric are cut-off).

I think many of us in Indonesia are stocked up on things in case of emergency- cos to be honest it has more than its fair share of disasters and power cuts.

Yep, even when you're living in the 'most developed' city in the country, there are weekly power outages and people still install water tanks on their rooftops. We even have a kind of swimming pool (with tiled walls and two meters deep) underneath the garage for intermediate water storage; Aetra->basement->water tank.

Ten days of emergency food for one person is a carton (30 packs) of instant noodles. If you want to go traditional, 5 kg of raw rice should be enough for one person to cover 10 days. For flavor get enough Dendengs and/or Abons.

I realize that it is a government responsibility to consider all potential threats (however remote) and suggesting civil preparatory responses is a small part of such planning. But still, adopting a survivalist mentality is an uncalled for Chicken Little reaction. Further, shifting a German report inspired alarmist attitude to Indonesia is more than irrational, unless, of course, you are in the instant noodles business.

Ten days of emergency food for one person is a carton (30 packs) of instant noodles. If you want to go traditional, 5 kg of raw rice should be enough for one person to cover 10 days. For flavor get enough Dendengs and/or Abons.

Talking about instant noodles and unintended consequences, a US prison in a bid to cut costs of inmates’ meals has made instant noodles a hotter commodity than the once popular cigarettes as jailhouse currency of choice.

Packets of dried noodles are now being used by inmates to pay for other goods behind bars like sweets, clothing, cleaning and whatnot.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maria clara
Back