German begging at Tabanan, Bali

Terry MacArsey

Haven never seen the German (or any other bule) begging here. But I did see a Russian couple performing/singing (ngamen) here since their stuff allegedly got stolen.

Yes, the Chinese fake monks are quite known. They were caught in JKT when changing clothes I think. The same happened in New York btw, they bought wine with the kolekte.

Not German. Ends up he's a Dane. I wonder if he thought he could go on and on with this. I also wonder if he has no money, who's sending him home? After his long vacation in SE Asia, is he getting a free trip home?

http://en.tempo.co/read/news/2016/09/19/055805416/Foreign-Beggar-in-Bali-to-be-Deported

Surabaya Immigration Office will deport a Danish man Benjamin Holst who used to be a beggar in Bali and Surabaya, Indonesia. “He will be flown to Copenhagen,” the Office’s Surveillance and Enforcement Bureau chief Romi Yudianto told Tempo on Monday, September 19, 2016.

Wasn't Benjamin Holst the German beggar who is doing a tour of South East Asia? The guy with the swollen leg. He did Cambodja, HK, Thailand and after that he went to the Philippines. Rather well known.

Wasn't Benjamin Holst the German beggar who is doing a tour of South East Asia? The guy with the swollen leg. He did Cambodja, HK, Thailand and after that he went to the Philippines. Rather well known.

Yep, same guy.

Lets be honest if you walked past him would you feel like giving him your hard earned ??

I'm astounded that anyone gives him anything here. I could see myself stopping and offering to help him contact his embassy or something, not knowing who he was. But if he wasn't up for that, he'd get nothing from me. I really don't see why any local would give him cash, unless it was in exchange for a photo.

It might be novelty, hey give money to a begging bule. Or it's mainly tourists who give money.

I have seen a bule begging in Thai beach towns.

Jawa Pos wrote when he was here in Liponsos Keputih, he refused to eat rice and only wants to eat pizza and bread with certain brand. So Ibu Kepala Liponsos needs to go around herself on the motorcycle trying to find that particular pizza and bread. WTH !

Jawa Pos wrote when he was here in Liponsos Keputih, he refused to eat rice and only wants to eat pizza and bread with certain brand. So Ibu Kepala Liponsos needs to go around herself on the motorcycle trying to find that particular pizza and bread. WTH !

That's ridiculous. I can't see anyone special feeding him. He should have been given a plate and told to eat, or not.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Les 819
Back