Freeze off a solar keratoses

ManggaDua

Hi all.

I need to have a developing tag on my face looked at. It's probably another solar keratoses, for which the usual treatment is to freeze it off with liquid nitrogen - in Australia this is commonly performed by a GP. I was hoping someone here could provide advice on a good doctor or clinic for this sort of thing?

I'm located in Bandung, but can travel to Jakarta or Bali, or elsewhere if needed.

The dermatologist at the SOS clinic in Cipete froze off one of those for my husband a couple of years ago, so you can definitely have the procedure there.

freeze of a solar keratoses

Dr ERA at SOS is Cipete is fairly good. The cost of the treatment and consultation is around 3 million. A lot more expensive than Australia.

Last edited:
The freezing is usually done by a Dermatologist in Indonesia. I check the web and there are quite a few Dermatologists in Bandung.

One home remedy for solar keratoses that I learned many years ago from an old boy & know works is the sap of Radium Weed which looks very much like Chickweed but unlike Chickweed which has transparent sap & is edible, Radium Weed has milky sap which is poisonous if eaten. I searched high & low for it around where I live in Bali but to no avail. I had a small solar keratosis on my nose that I planned to get frozen when I went to Australia last year but it literally fell off by itself which can sometimes be the case.

http://www.shaman-australis.com/forum/index.php?/topic/21149-radium-weed-prevents-skin-cancer/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Euphorbia_peplus

Last edited:
Thanks, and Yikes

Thanks all, most helpful! I'd tried posting this question in the Other Place, and have had no reply to date. I'm glad I found this alternative forum.

Dr ERA at SOS is Cipete is fairly good. The cost of the treatment and consultation is around 3 million. A lot more expensive than Australia.

@brian@berkasi - yikes IDR 3 million! Even after only five months living in Indonesia that already feels like a lot. I might see if I can hold off until my next trip to Australia, where I can get it done essentially for free.

I just looked up, I never heard of it before, it says it's harmless except it can turn to cancer, sometimes, shock horror, I think I would rush and get it sorted

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

No members online now.

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Les 819