First jab done

Thanks but both my SKTT and Surat Domisili in TangSel...
Maybe try the place I linked earlier - they advertise when they have slots open on Instagram and I know I wasn't the only KITAS person accepted that day...my Indonesian mate brought me and his Malaysian wife (she is here on a work sponsored KITAS not sponsored by him) and they accepted the 2 of us. I also noticed 2 other KITAS holders in the queue behind me. It was overwhelmingly local, and they were a bit thrown off by our lack of KTP but they were happy to accept us.

@gemima, thanks. Did you have to show your domicile letter?
Hi sorry for the slow reply - no I had it with me just in case but they didnt ask for that. They just needed the e-kitas form.
They are open for registrations from 8pm (I just checked their instagram) for the next few days but I know they book up quickly so good luck.
For the registration they just needed my NIK.

@gemima I managed to get a slot but then was told that for WNA the conditions must be:
  • 50+yo
  • KITAP (no kitas)
  • NIK

But I managed to get a slot elsewhere for Sinovac, everything confirmed so far, let's hope I don't get rejected at the last minute.

@gemima I managed to get a slot but then was told that for WNA the conditions must be:
  • 50+yo
  • KITAP (no kitas)
  • NIK

But I managed to get a slot elsewhere for Sinovac, everything confirmed so far, let's hope I don't get rejected at the last minute.
Oh sorry - I have no idea how I slipped under that net - no bribes were paid!
Good luck getting the sinovac.

@gemima, thanks. Did you have to show your domicile letter?
New Surat Edaran states that this is not a requirement anymore.

Pos pelayanan tersebut dapat memberikan pelayanan kepada semua target sasaran tanpa memandang domisili atau tempat tinggal pada KTP,” ungkap SE yang diterbitkan tanggal 24 Juni 2021 itu.
They are targeting 1 million jabs a day.

They are targeting 1 million jabs a day.
That is quite optimistic since they are averaging about 600,000 per day at the moment. If they can continue the current pace they would reach herd immunity in the whole country around next March.
However even vaccinating half of the population will be a major achievement. It's a long way off herd immunity but it might keep this thing under control to a certain extent

Got my Sinovac today! Long story short..prior to today.. First part (yesterday) after failing to get my sinopharm (was told that it was 'delayed' until further notice), Friday morning I drove to Citra kemayoran to get my Sinovac as wife's sister's friend said that "Oh on Thursday, there were literally nobody at 8..." Went there around 7:30 Friday morning....yeah about 200+ people with no cue and three security guards just yelling out names, etc. Total Zoo...I asked around and was told, 'vaccine is gone'.

So decided to drive to Mall Of Indonesia instead and get vaccinated there..(even it was Astra Zen). Got there around 9 and there were probably about 200 people already.I got my number (300)...as I finally got called, and the registration gal looked briefly at my KTP and showed it to a senior reg officer next to her...and got a nod...she entered it into the system..all good (and this while I was witnessing two foreign workers got turned down as they didn't have KTP/SKTT, etc even though they were showing some kind of papers to the registration officer maybe work permit, etc). So I passed the registration...and waiting for screening...got called finally...and they were definitely doing this in a hurry...sat me down next to another guy and the vaccine officer put the tensi-meter band around my arm and he did the blood pressure checking on both of us at the same time and while that was happening, he asked questions...on whether we had immune system issues, etc (i thought that was weird as we're not supposed to talk during??) and whaddaya know...my blood pressure was at 180!! (Never thought it was gonna be that high!!) and I failed the question when he asked me if I had taken any aspirin...I said I just took ascardia (cardio aspirin) for just a couple days last week...advised by a family (who is a doctor) to 'anticipate' the side effects? (yes stupid on every angle and level i know..let's not get into that.) so i immediately was refused vaccine at that time. I was beyond pissed. Blood pressure is usually normal...about 130ish/80ish.

So last night, wife finally managed to get through halodoc and got me a spot for 10 o'clock this morning at another site (mall in south jkt). So i slept slightly earlier than usual...woke up around 5:30...ate breakfast and NO coffee...(I realized yesterday, I drank regular coffee vs my usual decaf)....got my KTP, etc and this time I even brought my own Omron blood pressure monitor (more on this...).

Arrived at the site 9:20..wife parking the car while i walked pretty far from the lobby all the way to the far end of the building on the 2nd floor. Quite a few people waiting/sitting (but in good order)...and I gave my KTP, the guy asked me if this is an 'old' ktp vs e-ktp i said no it's ktp OA and I've been away for a long time but I've been here for over 10 years. He asked me about the NIK (if it works !??) I said uhmm. yeah without that i wont have my KK..which I also showed..he just nodded, wrote things down and said...ok I'll register it in the system. All this while i noticed an expat next to me didn't bring his KTP (or didn't have one) and the registration guy says..the important thing is you need to have KTP or SKTT..KITAP itself doesn't work as they need the NIK to register you.

So...I sat along with about 100+ other people (maybe 200 including those sitting inside in the waiting room and observation) ..and we were moving reasonably fast...scooting over every 5 minutes...and I actually monitored my blood pressure every few minutes...it crept up from 115 (in the morning out of bed) to already around 145.....long story short....after maybe about almost a couple hours...finally got called to check my blood pressure....using their machine it was 165!! The nurse gave me a glance...and said "let me try again"...it was 179/94!! I was like wait a minute...within half an hour ago mine was only 140+..can I still get vaccinated? She hesitantly said "well, yours is still under 180...so technically yes you can get vaccinated)...I asked...can we use my meter instead? She said sure....what do you know it was 147/85!! Safe to say she and I were relieved! So I got vaccinated within maybe about 2-3 minutes (nurse showed me Sinovac bottle with expiration date Sept 2021)..and now 10 hours later, aside from just slightly feeling sleepy...not much effects going on..not even soreness in my arm. Jab was slightly more stinging than taking your blood at the lab in my opinion...although it lasted maybe three to five seconds.

At least I learn a few things:
If you're a coffee drinker...maybe try not to drink coffee that morning. Bring your own meter that you know shows your typical blood pressure range. If theirs show a high range, it's worth the try with yours. Also...this is quite hard, but breathing technique to relax..quite tough with my mask on but I kept trying...and I didn't run back and forth like yesterday, I just walked more calmly to the bathroom a few times..and it helps that it's not that far away. I also didn't do much chit chat compare to the day before...maybe i was psyching myself up too much.

Sorry for the short novel!

Last edited:
  • 50+yo
  • KITAP (no kitas)
  • NIK

I noticed as I went through a few sites myself...I got various criterias from...straight up NO WNA...to 'WNA allowed are teachers and 60+' The halodoc one did not mention anything about wni or wna...it just said strictly DKI KTP only or something...and basically if you have your KTP and your NIK (and I brought my KK with me) that should put them at ease. Just my experience.

Got my Sinovac today! Long story short..prior to today.. First part (yesterday) after failing to get my sinopharm (was told that it was 'delayed' until further notice), Friday morning I drove to Citra kemayoran to get my Sinovac as wife's sister's friend said that "Oh on Thursday, there were literally nobody at 8..." Went there around 7:30 Friday morning....yeah about 200+ people with no cue and three security guards just yelling out names, etc. Total Zoo...I asked around and was told, 'vaccine is gone'.

So decided to drive to Mall Of Indonesia instead and get vaccinated there..(even it was Astra Zen). Got there around 9 and there were probably about 200 people already.I got my number (300)...as I finally got called, and the registration gal looked briefly at my KTP and showed it to a senior reg officer next to her...and got a nod...she entered it into the system..all good (and this while I was witnessing two foreign workers got turned down as they didn't have KTP/SKTT, etc even though they were showing some kind of papers to the registration officer maybe work permit, etc). So I passed the registration...and waiting for screening...got called finally...and they were definitely doing this in a hurry...sat me down next to another guy and the vaccine officer put the tensi-meter band around my arm and he did the blood pressure checking on both of us at the same time and while that was happening, he asked questions...on whether we had immune system issues, etc (i thought that was weird as we're not supposed to talk during??) and whaddaya know...my blood pressure was at 180!! (Never thought it was gonna be that high!!) and I failed the question when he asked me if I had taken any aspirin...I said I just took ascardia (cardio aspirin) for just a couple days last week...advised by a family (who is a doctor) to 'anticipate' the side effects? (yes stupid on every angle and level i know..let's not get into that.) so i immediately was refused vaccine at that time. I was beyond pissed. Blood pressure is usually normal...about 130ish/80ish.

So last night, wife finally managed to get through halodoc and got me a spot for 10 o'clock this morning at another site (mall in south jkt). So i slept slightly earlier than usual...woke up around 5:30...ate breakfast and NO coffee...(I realized yesterday, I drank regular coffee vs my usual decaf)....got my KTP, etc and this time I even brought my own Omron blood pressure monitor (more on this...).

Arrived at the site 9:20..wife parking the car while i walked pretty far from the lobby all the way to the far end of the building on the 2nd floor. Quite a few people waiting/sitting (but in good order)...and I gave my KTP, the guy asked me if this is an 'old' ktp vs e-ktp i said no it's ktp OA and I've been away for a long time but I've been here for over 10 years. He asked me about the NIK (if it works !??) I said uhmm. yeah without that i wont have my KK..which I also showed..he just nodded, wrote things down and said...ok I'll register it in the system. All this while i noticed an expat next to me didn't bring his KTP (or didn't have one) and the registration guy says..the important thing is you need to have KTP or SKTT..KITAP itself doesn't work as they need the NIK to register you.

So...I sat along with about 100+ other people (maybe 200 including those sitting inside in the waiting room and observation) ..and we were moving reasonably fast...scooting over every 5 minutes...and I actually monitored my blood pressure every few minutes...it crept up from 115 (in the morning out of bed) to already around 145.....long story short....after maybe about almost a couple hours...finally got called to check my blood pressure....using their machine it was 165!! The nurse gave me a glance...and said "let me try again"...it was 179/94!! I was like wait a minute...within half an hour ago mine was only 140+..can I still get vaccinated? She hesitantly said "well, yours is still under 180...so technically yes you can get vaccinated)...I asked...can we use my meter instead? She said sure....what do you know it was 147/85!! Safe to say she and I were relieved! So I got vaccinated within maybe about 2-3 minutes (nurse showed me Sinovac bottle with expiration date Sept 2021)..and now 10 hours later, aside from just slightly feeling sleepy...not much effects going on..not even soreness in my arm. Jab was slightly more stinging than taking your blood at the lab in my opinion...although it lasted maybe three to five seconds.

At least I learn a few things:
If you're a coffee drinker...maybe try not to drink coffee that morning. Bring your own meter that you know shows your typical blood pressure range. If theirs show a high range, it's worth the try with yours. Also...this is quite hard, but breathing technique to relax..quite tough with my mask on but I kept trying...and I didn't run back and forth like yesterday, I just walked more calmly to the bathroom a few times..and it helps that it's not that far away. I also didn't do much chit chat compare to the day before...maybe i was psyching myself up too much.

Sorry for the short novel!
So glad you managed to get the vaccine!
I always have really low BP 100/60 and faint easily as a result of this. At the vaccine centre my pre vaxx BP was 133/84 and post vaxx it was up to 144/84! Ive never seen the like of it.
I was really stressed out so it must have been that!
So your advice re the coffee/ relaxing techniques is spot on!

I noticed as I went through a few sites myself...I got various criterias from...straight up NO WNA...to 'WNA allowed are teachers and 60+' The halodoc one did not mention anything about wni or wna...it just said strictly DKI KTP only or something...and basically if you have your KTP and your NIK (and I brought my KK with me) that should put them at ease. Just my experience.
In April a local hospital in Bandar Lampung was offering Sinovac and we called and got on the list for the next day. Wife and I went, give them our KTPs, sat and waited to be called. Very orderly and everyone was by appointment time only were there was never more than 15 to 20 people sitting well spaced apart at any given time. Went in, had BP checked, answered some questiins that did not include coffee or aspirin use. Got the vac and an appointment for the 2nd in 29 days with a time.
We had coffee before going, like my giant cup if 6 normal cups and I take about 125mg asprin every day. Still here and had no side effects.

So glad you managed to get the vaccine!
I always have really low BP 100/60 and faint easily as a result of this. At the vaccine centre my pre vaxx BP was 133/84 and post vaxx it was up to 144/84! Ive never seen the like of it.
I was really stressed out so it must have been that!
So your advice re the coffee/ relaxing techniques is spot on!

My blood pressure has been a bit high for years & when I went to get the first jab they used a digital machine & it was too high for a jab so they did a manual test & I just passed although it was still a bit high.

I usually have at least a couple of heart starters of a morning & for the second jab after consulting Dr Google I drank no coffee in the morning, just water & ate about 5 bananas....Wallah, spot on 120/80 for the first time in years.

Hi sorry for the slow reply - no I had it with me just in case but they didnt ask for that. They just needed the e-kitas form.
They are open for registrations from 8pm (I just checked their instagram) for the next few days but I know they book up quickly so good luck.
For the registration they just needed my NIK.

I understand you are on KITAS, how did you get your NIK? I mean I'm on KITAP, but I don't see any NIK. I see NIORA on my e-KITAP, is that my NIK?

I understand you are on KITAS, how did you get your NIK? I mean I'm on KITAP, but I don't see any NIK. I see NIORA on my e-KITAP, is that my NIK?
Your NIK is on 2 documents:
a) the Kartu Keluarga
b) the KTP orang asing

I think with a KITAP you should have both of these documents.

I dont know what you get with a KITAP but with the KITAS I get a piece of paper with my photo and my particulars. It has my KITAS number and also my NIK written on it. It used to be on my SKTT (little green card) but they dont give those out anymore.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Les 819
Back