First jab done

Ask around. You don't have to wait for your job. I got an email from booking.com for a free vaccine at a mall (granted I live in Jaksel).

Thanks. I have been looking and it looks like things are positive. While I'm not domiciled in Jakarta, it seems that a surat keterangan kerja from my office in Jakarta should be sufficient.

Unfortunately, a lot of places (mostly malls) are already out of vaccines for this round.

50million more arriving shortly from the one beginning with V I forget

This one even did not yet apply for FDA approval.

Edit at request of author: the below post turned out to be an hoax.

I was just sent this via whatsapp:
Pusat Kesenjataan Infanteri (Pussenif, dulunya PPI) menyelenggarakan vaksinasi pencegahan Covid-19 untuk semua usia di atas 18 tahun pada:
Hari: Senin, Selasa, Rabu, Kamis
Tanggal: 14, 15, 16, 17 Juni 2021
Waktu: 7:30 - selesai, disarankan datang lebih pagi
Tempat: Klinik Pussenif, masuk dari Jln. Katamso
Tidak perlu mendaftar, langsung datang dengan membawa KTP Bandung.

Last edited by a moderator:
Will Sinovac be acceptable when travelling to US?

It is a vaccine and this is all I can get. Also, who says which vaccines are the most effective? It is like the mask debate, it changes every five minutes-This will be my response if asked. That being said, I haven't heard from anyone I know traveling back and forth to North America being asked what vaccine they have. Kind of like how I needed to have a pcr test in order to travel last December or just to enter the airport in Jakarta, it was never requested until I was checking in to return to Indonesia.

I'll also take any jab I can conveniently get. I heard about one in this area yesterday. Hopefully I can find a few more details today.

I just want to check the box, really, and stop thinking about Covid every time I or someone else coughs.

I was just sent this via whatsapp:
Pusat Kesenjataan Infanteri (Pussenif, dulunya PPI) menyelenggarakan vaksinasi pencegahan Covid-19 untuk semua usia di atas 18 tahun pada:
Hari: Senin, Selasa, Rabu, Kamis
Tanggal: 14, 15, 16, 17 Juni 2021
Waktu: 7:30 - selesai, disarankan datang lebih pagi
Tempat: Klinik Pussenif, masuk dari Jln. Katamso
Tidak perlu mendaftar, langsung datang dengan membawa KTP Bandung.
This is for the general public? I ask because it seems to be at an armory, but then I guess military places are some of the largest underutilized areas in town.

This is for the general public? I ask because it seems to be at an armory, but then I guess military places are some of the largest underutilized areas in town.
It says what it says Happyman, I have no further details. I assume Bandung residents.

According to local paper Pikiran Rakyat that might be a hoax.

According to local paper Pikiran Rakyat that might be a hoax.
It wouldn't surprise me in the least.
As if there aren't enough crappy things to deal with at this time. Aren't people who perform hoaxes vile?
Many apologies if I have shared misinformation.

It wouldn't surprise me in the least.
As if there aren't enough crappy things to deal with at this time. Aren't people who perform hoaxes vile?
Many apologies if I have shared misinformation.
Nope, apology not accepted. I appreciate you going out of your way to share what you thought was a helpful resource. If you hear of something else, please let me know.

I had my first shot of AZ with these guys this morning: https://www.vaksinasiserviam.com/
I'm here on a KITAS and am in my 30s so if you have a Jakarta address and looking to sign up somewhere I think they have some slots (they open up for registration when they have slots and announce it on their Instagram so you need to watch for it I think).
I was very impressed with the center - everyone was very professional and helpful. Now I'm just hoping the side effects aren't too bad!

I had my first shot of AZ with these guys this morning: https://www.vaksinasiserviam.com/
I'm here on a KITAS and am in my 30s so if you have a Jakarta address and looking to sign up somewhere I think they have some slots (they open up for registration when they have slots and announce it on their Instagram so you need to watch for it I think).
I was very impressed with the center - everyone was very professional and helpful. Now I'm just hoping the side effects aren't too bad!

I remember you said something like your office registered with KADIN for 'Gotong Royong', what happened? Your company changed mind, or no response from KADIN?

I remember you said something like your office registered with KADIN for 'Gotong Royong', what happened? Your company changed mind, or no response from KADIN?
You have a great memory Dave! Yes we are registered but every time we follow up they fob us off with various different excuses. I can see they are rolling out the Gotong Royong but seems to only be in HUGE companies and not little ones like mine. In the last communication they said it could be until November before we can have the gotong royong and that's just too long to wait - esp since it looks like we are heading into another wave here.

So, here's my testimony:

I registered last week on https://vaksinasi-corona.jakarta.go.id/ and input all my data:
  • NIK (I'm on a work kitas)
  • address (Tangerang Selatan)
  • surat domisili
  • surat keterangan kerja (my office is in Jakarta)

And got an appointment for today at 8am in Puskesmas Kelurahan Setiabudi.

Arrived at 6am, gave my confirmation letter and got a number. They asked me to register again on a Google Spreadsheet (like everyone else).

Around 8.45 I was called to get my blood pressure checked.

Around 9.30 I was called to get the vaccine and that's where it all went to an abrupt stop: they cannot vaccinate me because:
  • I am not above 60
  • I am not working in the education industry
  • my domicile is not in Jakarta

No matter how much I pleaded, it was a categorical "no" with a sprinkle of blaming me for not being WNI after 10 years in Indonesia.

Any other idea?

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cloudcat
Back