Finally made it. Would love to meet people!

MilliVanilli

Well, we've been here a month now and I'm ready to meet some other expats. I'm a lady in my 30s, have a 2 year old. We moved from the US and are here accompanying my husband who is a foreign researcher on a Fulbright looking at the Cold War and the Suharto period.

I'm an audio engineer and artist, I like to rock climb, journal, paint, laugh about silly things, and go on walks. My kiddo is high energy and loves to play with other kids of all ages. She goes to daycare half the day M-F.

We live in Tanah Abang near Grand Indonesia and would love to meet other moms or even just people who like to climb or just hang out.

Well, we've been here a month now and I'm ready to meet some other expats. I'm a lady in my 30s, have a 2 year old. We moved from the US and are here accompanying my husband who is a foreign researcher on a Fulbright looking at the Cold War and the Suharto period.

I'm an audio engineer and artist, I like to rock climb, journal, paint, laugh about silly things, and go on walks. My kiddo is high energy and loves to play with other kids of all ages. She goes to daycare half the day M-F.

We live in Tanah Abang near Grand Indonesia and would love to meet other moms or even just people who like to climb or just hang out.
Welcome , I hope you are settling into Indonesia well.

Thank you! I miss my friends, but people are very nice here and the moms in the apartment are friendly.
I have always found the vast majority of people here to be lovely, warm & friendly.
Zoom/social media is a lifeline to keep connected with friends left behind (as I am sure you already know) but doesn't have the hugs :)

Hello! Welcome to Jakarta!
I had great fun with some friends and their kids at this place in Tangerang a few months back: Bremgra Indoor Climbing Gym
We stuck to the kids section (which was challenging for me as I am not a climber haha) - there are a few climbing clubs in the city closer to you. You might find a club to join and make friends that way!
I don't have kids but I'm a 40 yr old woman (with a BF who is here on and off) and I live in menteng - near to GI. I work monday to friday but usually free on weekends - so feel free to PM me if you want to meet up for a walk around menteng (early as its too hot in middle of the day) or for coffee.
Hope you are settling in okay - I found it hard when I moved here 7 years ago so usually try reach out to newbies to pay back for the friends who help me along the way.

Not far from Jakarta, Mt. Parang is very popular for rock climbing, fun rappelling and 700m via ferrata.

Hello! Welcome to Jakarta!
I had great fun with some friends and their kids at this place in Tangerang a few months back: Bremgra Indoor Climbing Gym
We stuck to the kids section (which was challenging for me as I am not a climber haha) - there are a few climbing clubs in the city closer to you. You might find a club to join and make friends that way!
I don't have kids but I'm a 40 yr old woman (with a BF who is here on and off) and I live in menteng - near to GI. I work monday to friday but usually free on weekends - so feel free to PM me if you want to meet up for a walk around menteng (early as its too hot in middle of the day) or for coffee.
Hope you are settling in okay - I found it hard when I moved here 7 years ago so usually try reach out to newbies to pay back for the friends who help me along the way.
I would love to hang out. I have definitely has my ups and downs getting adjusted. It would be nice to meet up with someone else!

There is a climbing gym in fx sudirman called indo climb. You may want to check them out since they are pretty close to you

Welcome to the forum. A big fan of lipsync duo?

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

No members online now.

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Les 819