Expats and having a Will

Pilgrimrunner

Hi, I am after information on how go about writing a will here in Indonesia? Specifically to include things like cremation and repatriation of your ashes to your home country, UK for example. I reckon you would need to sign up with a notary here and also solicitor in the UK.

I am a KITAS holder, married to and Indonesian and we have kids and I have no plans on dying any time soon by the way,

Thanks

Hi, I am after information on how go about writing a will here in Indonesia? Specifically to include things like cremation and repatriation of your ashes to your home country, UK for example. I reckon you would need to sign up with a notary here and also solicitor in the UK.

I am a KITAS holder, married to and Indonesian and we have kids and I have no plans on dying any time soon by the way,

Thanks
I don't know much about this, but what is your religion? I understand it makes a difference.

Officially, I am muslim as I converted when I got married
Right, so the little I have heard about the topic is that Muslim wills are adjudicated by religious courts. I recall being told that you cannot legally disenherit your children and that there was a predetermined allocation according to the relationship... 50% for your kids and 25% for your wife, for a random example... This isn't a topic I ever had an interest in.
Maybe if we just bump the thread once every day or so someone more knowledgeable will post something.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

No members online now.

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Les 819