Expat causing disturbance at Swiss consulate had to be sedated

dafluff

Cager
bule-swiss-dibius-usai-mengamuk.jpg

A Swiss citizen causing a disturbance at the Swiss consulate on Jalan Ganetri in Denpasar yesterday had to be sedated in order to detain him.

The man allegedly threw coffee on a konsulate staff member, and punched the face of another. Police investigation reveals the man was distraught over the procedure of getting a replacement passport. However consulate staff, as well as Swiss Embassy staff in Jakarta have confirmed that the proper procedure was being followed.

Further, his wife has stated that his passport is actually safe at home in Buleleng, and that the man is suffering from depression or another mental illness.

Officers responding on the scene had to sedate the 68 year old man because he was continuing to resist. He was then transferred to Sanglah Hospital for further treatment.

I would like to comment that even though the Indonesian news article mentions the man's name, it at least had the decency to blur out his face.

http://www.tribunnews.com/regional/...i-denpasar-petugas-terpaksa-membiusnya?page=2

Last edited:
Is there some kind of challenge that I am unaware of running among expats at the moment?
Jeez... so many contributing to feed the bad rep of our group in the news recently.

To be fair he could well have alzheimer's or some other mental health problem. Not likely he will have been diagnosed, if his wife has actually stated what has been reported.

Interesting that they keep sedatives on hand (and needles, I'd assume) and know how to use them. It makes sense. Do all embassies do that, I wonder?

I'd guess the US embassy (if it is anything like the US cops) will shoot to kill first :/

I'd guess the US embassy (if it is anything like the US cops) will shoot to kill first :/
The US Embassy in Jakarta is pretty professional. I really doubt they’d shoot anyone unless they thought they were attacking the embassy.

Interesting that they keep sedatives on hand (and needles, I'd assume) and know how to use them. It makes sense. Do all embassies do that, I wonder?

I don't think Consulate staff gave him any injection:

Akan tetapi, pelaku langsung secara spontan memukul wajah saksi.

Warga yang berada di luar melihat kejadian tersebut, dan langsung masuk ke dalam untuk mengamankan pelaku.

Pelaku berhasil diamankan dengan bantuan petugas, dengan tangannya diikat.

So after he caused a scene inside, people from outside came in and overpowered him. Then police, Satpol PP, Ambulance/BPBD were called and arrived. The article refers to a "petugas" who administered him the shot, I assume they refer to an employee of the ambulance/BPBD who would have done this. .

In saying that, I know that the US, Australian and Dutch Embassies have medical staff/doctors and quite some facilities within their compounds. Sometimes those doctors even make house calls to Embassy personnel that don't live in the compound but in other residences.

In saying that.. I attended an event at the Australian embassy a few months ago and a lady fainted right outside the Embassy doors trying to get into her car, the security staff was absolutely clueless, didn't know how to administer first aid and weren't willing to even call the in house doctor. Not sure if this was due to lack of training / the patient in question not being Australian or as it was passed regular working hours for the doc, nevertheless it was still quite shocking.

Here's is another one. Also a case of mental illness?

https://coconuts.co/bali/news/distu...c-bali-statue-allegedly-bites-police-officer/

The foreigner allegedly went on a rampage again after being asked for ID, which she didn’t possess, by Denpasar’s Civil Service Police Unit (Satpol PP). Denpasar Police Chief Dewa Gede Anom Sayoga said she was being uncooperative and even went so far as to bite an officer’s leg.

She told them that she had joined a two-week yoga camp at a resort located in a Buleleng village. While she was there, she claimed to hear “whispers” that ordered her to go to Ubud.

Glad that she was taken into custody without too many casualties.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

No members online now.

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stats