eVisa to ITAS Turn Around Time & Interpretation of Rules

BliGundul

I noticed while gratefully scrutinizing my Ex-WNI daughter's, brand new B211A / E Visa, sponsored by her Balinese mother, doing DUE DILIGENCE...the following information in Bahasa and in English. The visa type is VISIT , the purpose is FAMILY, and eVisa number ends with DN.
It is issued onshore, and Length of Stay in Indonesia is 60 DAY.

My daughter who is a senior in college here will be going, supposedly in October, on a School trip to Perth. The first group of her peers is there now.
She says that she doesn't dare to go for the eVisa to ITAS approach, as she needs to be sure that she will have her Passport back in a reasonably timely (seems like a nonsequitor) manner from Immigration, as obviously she will need it to go to Perth.

Our previous efforts to do this became hopelessly bogged down, as we were trying to do it from the perspective of a conversion from her prior, and already relinquished, WNI status from Ibu WNI. Not to mention that her old eVisa was sponsored by an agent, instead of her Balinese mother.

Now that this eVisa sponsorship has been sorted out, as we aspire to do, for her future KITAS, and then KITAP based on her WNI mother...WHEW...sorry for all the information, just don't want to waste peoples' time by any ambiguities in the post.
Anybody have a clue what to expect as for turn around time, realistically?

Also, maybe someone knows?
I heard from my agent that extensions for B211 visas now are 2 months long?
I am unclear how many extensions are allowed as things stand now?

I have used a Social visa for years...60 days, extendable 4 times at 30 days per extension.
I have always enjoyed two turn-around day trips a year to Singapore.
First Air Asia flight out, back on the last Air Asia flight...one beautiful duty free liter bottle of
Ron Zacapa 23 in hand.

I will need to go to SIngapore in September for my own visa, just trying to stay
up to date on all of these changing rules and interpretations.

I read the 7 day reporting statement as mandatory, while my daughter sees it as optional, and we need to be able to make informed decisions, lest we run afoul of this new online
system. Having toughed it out, to get added to the data base, and into the system, I prefer to err on the side of caution. :unsure:

Sorry for the long post, and taking up so much of your time! (y)

Attachments

• When you say must on E Visa.jpg
    When you say must on E Visa.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 16

snpark

Cager
B211 is changed. The normal one. You don't leave. And it's no longer 6 months

It's 60 days only. Costs 2jt. Once it expires you apply for a NEW one for another 60 days. 2jt. Etc etc

Yes it's like extending. But their words its not.
It's a totally new application and visa each time

No more 60 days and 4x30 6 month etc
Nor do you have to leave (at the moment)

As for the other kitas question well I've had mine done in under 2 weeks.
Depends on how good is your agent, how busy immigration is, and what your status is if it's a simple application or so on

BliGundul

I know that there is rumored to be information on the largely inoperable and incredibly frustrating website about visas, but the emotional baggage of having spent a couple days on it in early June, totally in vain, makes it hard for me to muster my mojo to go back to it. I actually tried to get onto it earlier today, a few times and couldn't, makes me absolutely nuts. Thanks for your input.
I should try again to go on there and look for clarification as to the difference between eVisas which end in LN and DN? If only I had A LOT MORE FAITH, in the information which is posted on the Imigrasi website being timely and accurate. In my dreams, right?

We do not want to use an agent, but do it ourselves, once the ducks are all in a row.

Lisa would be applying as WNA, sponsored by Ibu Kandung, which I should hope would tick a few boxes, in terms of moving it through the system.

Last edited:

snpark

Cager
I think one is onshore one is offshore maybe

BliGundul

Good guess, I was thinking it might be that too, just curious about why the reporting standard might differ between one week and one month, that makes me think it might be something else. Ah well, when push comes to shove, read the instructions. While hoping that whoever wrote them has a clue. I guess I will have to venture into the belly of the online Imigrasi Beast, and see if I can figure it out. :geek: :sleep:

dafluff

Cager
Now that this eVisa sponsorship has been sorted out, as we aspire to do, for her future KITAS, and then KITAP based on her WNI mother...WHEW...sorry for all the information, just don't want to waste peoples' time by any ambiguities in the post.
Anybody have a clue what to expect as for turn around time, realistically?

If all the documents are in order, under 2 weeks is very realistic. I did the on-shore ITAS a while ago, and after payment, DITJEN took about 4 business days to approve. Then to the local office and about another 4-5 business days until the whole process if finished.

Also, maybe someone knows?
I heard from my agent that extensions for B211 visas now are 2 months long?
I am unclear how many extensions are allowed as things stand now?

B211 is now 60 days, then you have to redo the application. About the same level of complexity as extending in the previous cases, but with the benefit of having only to do it every 60 days, instead of 30 days. Also, at least for now, no flight out of the country is required, as the whole process can be onshore. They do charge you more for the privilege, however.

I read the 7 day reporting statement as mandatory, while my daughter sees it as optional, and we need to be able to make informed decisions, lest we run afoul of this new online system. Having toughed it out, to get added to the data base, and into the system, I prefer to err on the side of caution. :unsure:

As in your picture, the reporting to the local office in 7-day is REQUIRED, as in MANDATORY. The LN denotes that the visa was applied for abroad, and since presumably you are just getting settled in the country, they give you a leisurely 30 days to report. DN denotes that the visa was applied for in-country, and since you are already here and settled, you are given less time.

BliGundul

Hallelujah, I was just about to start chatting with the Bot on the Imigrasi website, when the new message notification popped up. As always, very grateful for insights provided by forum members.

LN Luar Negeri
DN Dalam Negeri mungkin :unsure:

Suksema.

Last edited:

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members