Epo

Elijah17824

My company didnt pay my 3 months salary. I resigned properly under 2 yr contract so i will not continue for another year. I am not after my salary anymore but with visa matters.

I have some questions to ask:
-is there a way i can do the epo by myself?
-my contract is marketing assistant but i am teaching.. Is it illegal and i can use as ground for complaining in our embassy?

Pls advise. Pls help to those who knew more about rules here..

Thank u

You can do an EPO yourself but you would need a request letter from your employer (and I guess that could be an issue).

Why would you complain at the embassy, what do they have to do with this? MOM perhaps, but the chances are you would get into trouble yourself for possibly working in a function that is different from the work permit description.

There is a law in our country that protects us workers here. So it can be a problem between the school later on to hire someone from our country cos they can be blacklisted in our country's list of employers.

There's a lot of problem going on in the school.. Issues regarding salaries, benefits even how they handle the problem. I resigned cos i cant take it anymore. And reporting them to the embassy is one of the option we are thinking of.

As of now, i dont want to resort to that option as i am also thinking about my friends there who might be dismissed to due to their illegal work permit. Still praying for the proper solution for this matter.

If only i am selfish enough, i can report it directly cos i got nothing to loose. But i still value my friends there.

This is the reason why i resigned.. I just want to leave peacefully but what they did, they make it worse rather than talking to me. It can just be a yes or no answer.. If no, then i got no choice but to stay.. But they already cut my salary which is unfair and illegal too

Just leave as soon as you can and go home. Maybe during the mass exodus after April 5 you can slip through unnoticed
Buy a cheap ticket to SG so if they do stop you, you only lost $50

I fail to see the value of reporting the case to the Embassy. At the best of times I can't imagine they would feel constrained to act at all. And with the turmoil at present?

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Online Now

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PeterRodney
Back
Top Bottom