Entered Indonesia on 1-year work Visa, NOW WHAT?!

HarleyB1962

Can someone please clarify what is supposed to happen AFTER one obtains the proper work visa (VITAS) at an Indonesian Embassy abroad (Bangkok) and then re-enters Indonesia on the 1-year VISA?

I was under the impression that there was MORE paperwork / documentation to be done, in order to apply for and finalize the KITAS (with photo ID, etc..), but I heard that the process had CHANGED?

If somebody can just "verify" what is SUPPOSED to happen after a "BULE" enters on a newly-approved work visa, and WHAT forms are required to do the "next step", I would be VERY grateful indeed!

Thank you in advance for your assistance and expertise!!

Harley

dafluff

Cager
Can someone please clarify what is supposed to happen AFTER one obtains the proper work visa (VITAS) at an Indonesian Embassy abroad (Bangkok) and then re-enters Indonesia on the 1-year VISA?

I was under the impression that there was MORE paperwork / documentation to be done, in order to apply for and finalize the KITAS (with photo ID, etc..), but I heard that the process had CHANGED?

If somebody can just "verify" what is SUPPOSED to happen after a "BULE" enters on a newly-approved work visa, and WHAT forms are required to do the "next step", I would be VERY grateful indeed!

Thank you in advance for your assistance and expertise!!

Harley

Hi Harley,

If you enter with a VITAS you need to within 30 days of entering Indonesia, report to your local Immigration office. They will issue you your KITAS card. Bring your Passport and all documents that your sponsor provided for the VITAS as they may want to verify the copies. I think at this time you also need to pay the fee for KITAS+MERP, but I'm not sure if this is done earlier during the VITAS application now. Process should take 1 day, and you can get your KITAS card maybe 3 days later.

You can report online also via http://izintinggal.imigrasi.go.id/IT-online/ but that thing is hit and miss, so maybe try different times of day.

Puspawarna

Cager
If you have an employer who is sponsoring your KITAS and getting you an IMTA, they should be helping you through this process.

Travellingchez

Charter Member
Cager
I have just got a new kitas for work. The day after I arrived back in Indonesia someone from my work collected my passport. 1 week after that I went to the immigration office to be fingerprinted, photo taken and signature recorded. I'll received my passport and kitas card etc by Tuesday next week so within 4 working days. All the paperwork was filled out by work. So within 2 weeks of getting the visa in Singapore I'll have all the cards etc.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Activity

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexr828
Top Bottom